Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How To Be A Housewife: Lime Chicken

So with school being out and me feeling bored, my domestic side has kicked in.  Therefore after voting today I decided to head to the grocery store and buy some chicken breast to cook something.  I found a recipe and when I arrived home I altered it to my taste.

Ingredients 

  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon parsley
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 (2 tablespoons) stick butter
  • 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 lime, cut in half
Directions*
*Usually I include pictures for each of my directions but today I was kind hungry of in a rush.

  1. In a small bowl, mix together your salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, dried thyme, and parsley.  Sprinkle your, I guess we'll call it dry rub, onto both sides of the chicken breast halves.  When I made mine I rubbed it in with my fingers.
  2. Turn a stove cap onto medium-high heat and place a large skillet onto it.  When the skillet is hot take the 1/4 stick of butter and allow it to melt in by spreading it around the skillet using a wooden spoon.  Next add your 3/4 teaspoon of minced garlic and spread it across the skillet.
  3. Place your chicken breast halves in the skillet.  Take one of the lime halves and squeeze it onto the chicken breasts.  You'll notice something like a sauce developing at the bottom of the skillet.  Try to swirl it around without moving the skillet from the pan.  Cook for 7 minutes and then flip the chicken breast to the other side.  Take the second part of lime half and squeeze it onto the chicken breasts just like you did the first time.  Cook this side for 6 minutes.  
    When I first started cooking the chicken breast.  Remember to squeeze that lime half on there.  Also, if you notice I only have two chicken breast halves in the pan.  I only used two and used the same amount of seasoning which in turn resulted in my food being a little salty.  This is why I say use four chicken breast halves.


    After flipping and reversing the chicken.Remember to squeeze the second lime half on there.
    After my food was done I paired my chicken with black beans, my favorite type of bean after baked beans.  I purchased Conchita Black Beans, which were in the "Latin" section of the grocery store.  They were already seasoned and delicious might I add.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Ramblings