- Out on Christmas Break!!!!! Words cannot describe my feelings at the current moment. This has been a very emotional school year for me. It has been far from easy but I am pushing through it.
- My Dad said the word "damn" in a sentence directed towards me. My natural instinct was, "Who you think you cussing at?!" He later proceeded to put his foot in the chair which resulted in me saying, "Get your foot out of that chair! No type of home training I tell you!" #StillInWorkMode
- The t-shirts for debutantes this year are very popular in my house. My Dad wants one because he too is a "deb" simply because he's my Cotillion photos.
- Time to figure out when I'm gonna get The Beast blown out for the new year.
- That moment when my aunt gave me a little bag of chocolate covered pecans for Christmas... -___-. I tried to be appreciative and remember it's the thought that counts but those things looked like she made them and I also know that she had to put her hands on them. Not cool.
- Speaking of food...someone made some mac n cheese in my family that looked straight out of the Kraft box. I'm not the one to brag but I know for sure I could show that family member how to make REAL macaroni and cheese. #ProfessionalMacaroniAndCheeseMaker
- Finally purchased J. Cole's new album. I have to listen to it in my car to give a true review but it sounds pretty good so far. Maybe he'll pop up at my house to do a listening party with me. *Prays J. Cole sees this blog*
- Since I'm on break I've been watching this Nellyville show and I must question why Nelly is dating this Miss. Jackson lady. Everything he tells her not to do with his niece she does anyways. Case in point this twerk class (not sure why you would bring her and expect to sit still) and then getting these booty shorts with tons of holes. I understand that these "reality" shows are scripted but come on....y'all are not on the same page.
- 25th birthday coming up!!!! Maybe I'll do a post called 25 Things I Wish I Had Known Before 25.
- I need a massage.
- I'm still tryna recreate this 7/11 video for my birthday. I need $50 to make it though. Someone has already volunteered to donate $20. Who wants to donate the other $30? #SmackItSmackItInTheAir
- Made my homemade red velvet cake. Too bad I screwed up the icing. #LiveAndYouLearn
- Anyone want to take me to the movies to see Selma and Into The Woods? That includes buying my ticket and concessions. Please not all at once!
- My cousin and his girlfriend have informed that I need to learn how to fry chicken and make stewed chicken. #TheWayToAMansHeart
- The weekend is here. Let me prepare to have two weddings, five engagements, and two pregnancy announcements come across my timeline.
Friday, December 26, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
Friday, October 3, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- I'm back to the j-o-b. Nothing has changed. I'm still waiting for the moment when everybody says this is supposed to get easier.
- I know I am getting old because: (1) My Facebook is filled with engagement/wedding announcements, (2) My Facebook is filled with birth/pregnancy announcements, and (3) I've attended two children birthday parties in about two months.
- When pay day hits I will be sure to do the Schmoney dance all up and down the hallways. #GettingPaidOnceAMonth
- At one point (when the smash cake was presented to the baby or most likely when the gifts were being opened) during my coworker's daughter's 1st birthday party my uterus felt a tingle of, "Brittany, you should have kids." Then the thought of my school children came back to me. #MiddleSchoolers #NaturesFreeAndNaturalBirthControl
- I need to get out of this house but at the same time I'm kind of like, "Screw paying these bills. I'll just suffer."
- When a child tells you they get a check every month for ADHD. -___- O_O >_<
- Still in search of that public speaking class but I am considering some life coaching.
- Someone asked me if I could imagine being engaged at 24. That was a quick answer of "yes." The goal was 25 but I think it's best to cancel that one seeing how my 25th birthday is only four months away. #MaybeNextLifetime
- Speaking of 25, I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the big day.
- Well thanks to my Mom for ruining No Good Deed by telling me all about it. Seriously, my only question was "Did you like the movie?" and she proceeded to tell me everything.
- I seriously need to decide when I'm getting these braids.
- *Proceeds to wait on another three to five engagement/wedding/pregnancy announcements this week.*
- I saw a white girl in Walmart with a hair bonnet on. Miley Cyrus or whoever is having a negative effect on these girls. #LookUpToBeyonce
- RIP to the Schmoney dance also. This golf team just murdered it with their lack of rhythm and fluid body movement. I mean, I'm not Josephine Baker but...
- Out here helping people fulfill their graduate class requirements. Please cut me my check once you get that pay bump...even if it's $20.
- My reaction to this Maroon 5 video O_O Adam Levine is still beautiful...stalker or not.
- When a kid tells me they're not afraid to walk off of school property....
Ummmm... Yeah.... I'm hurt....Please don't do that!
- Kim & Kanye are doing the most with this baby and her front row Fashion Week adventures.
- Omarion's mom is the equivalent of Mama Dee almost.
- No to The Duggers giving their sister a baby mobile for a wedding gift. I would be so ticked off by that gift.
- This lady let her bridal party wear white. No ma'am.
- Well another person I know has ran off and got married. Everyone will be having grandchildren next. #GettingOld #IFeelMyEggsDryingUp #AmIJoanClayton
- Kim Kardashian claims that she didn't leave her baby in the hotel while she went out to the car. She said she was checking for the car seat. Ummm...don't you have people who handle that?
- Whose donating to the wisdom teeth removal fund? Not all at once you guys!
- Well this week of work definitely made me question if I wanted to go back to wearing a hair net at the old J-O-B. #28MoreWeeks
Friday, August 1, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- I'm 24 and still feel awkward listening to Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing in my parents' house. Like it's just not right.
- Cooked some chicken breast and it didn't come out right. I was side eyeing it like, "Why don't you look like last week's chicken?" I did conclude that it didn't have enough season though.
- Went to a 3 year old's birthday party. It was mostly made up for 2-3 year old kids. I felt so overwhelmed y'all. Like, I can't have kids right now or in the next two to three years.
- Speaking of that party, it was the best party I've attended this year so far. I don't think that's a good sign. #INeedToGetOutMore
- I wish I had the recipe for that sweet potato bisque I had in college one year. Ughhhh I miss the dining hall specials.
- I encountered Chadwick Boseman at the Get On Up premiere in Augusta. I told him he was cute. I'm sure he's still thinking about me.
- Had to tell a little kid to get up out my face. I then feared that his parents were around the corner ready to jump me.
- Blake Griffin why must you be so beautiful? And yet, why must you have a child?
- Extreme Couponing is so dramatic. They always get to that register and they're like, "Oh God, I don't have $567.85 for sure." Like DUH...that's why you're on Extreme Couponing.
- I had an Egg White Delight from McDonald's. All I could think of was, "OMG these probably aren't even real eggs. I bet they're made of some ingredient found in nail polish remover." My stomach began cramping immediately after these thoughts.
- Pet peeve of mine, when you're working in a group and suggest something but a member disagrees. Then after seeing the project fail they voice the idea that you told in the beginning. #ThatWasMyIdea30MinutesAgo
- Spent $70 in Walmart. I haven't spent that much in that store since my college days.
- Saw my 8th grade ELA teacher. My fondest memory of him was when a kid was acting up in class and he calmly said, "Boy I will throw this stapler at you."
- This BAPs Show hasn't been canceled yet?!
- I need to take a public speaking class. #SelfImprovement
- I can't deal with this Raising Asia show on Lifetime. They're letting this 8 year old girl act like she's 21. I seriously thought I was watch Jelena from Hit The Floor at one point. #SpareTheRodSpoilTheChild
- Ordered two things from Amazon on Saturday. Still no e-mail about them sending my stuff out.
- I can't stand these stories of privileged folks coming into urban schools and portraying themselves as saviors of the students but then leaving after like four years to go open their own school.
- My parents inform me that we're getting our windows done and everything has to be removed from my room pretty much. Ummm ma'am and sir...I guess I need to find another place to sleep then. Any takers?
- Sleep schedule gonna be all screwed up for the school year. #NotGood
- Kardashian sisters tryna come for that Cheetah Girl from 3LW. They know good and well they need to shut up. Only reason people really care for them is to know who Kim's dating and on occasion Khloe.
- Kelly Rowland is a cute little pregnant woman. Almost makes me want kids another 5-10 years.
Monday, July 28, 2014
So despite what I say, I do enjoy cooking to some degree. As I get bored, I become more domesticated and the desire to cook hits. I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to make empanadas. I was originally introduced to this dish by my high school Spanish teacher, Senor Vasquez. Every year that I had him as a teacher we made empanadas and sopapillas as a part of learning about the Latin American culture.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
So with school being out and me feeling bored, my domestic side has kicked in. Therefore after voting today I decided to head to the grocery store and buy some chicken breast to cook something. I found a recipe and when I arrived home I altered it to my taste.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 (2 tablespoons) stick butter
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime, cut in half
*Usually I include pictures for each of my directions but today I was kind
hungry of in a rush.
- In a small bowl, mix together your salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, dried thyme, and parsley. Sprinkle your, I guess we'll call it dry rub, onto both sides of the chicken breast halves. When I made mine I rubbed it in with my fingers.
- Turn a stove cap onto medium-high heat and place a large skillet onto it. When the skillet is hot take the 1/4 stick of butter and allow it to melt in by spreading it around the skillet using a wooden spoon. Next add your 3/4 teaspoon of minced garlic and spread it across the skillet.
- Place your chicken breast halves in the skillet. Take one of the lime halves and squeeze it onto the chicken breasts. You'll notice something like a sauce developing at the bottom of the skillet. Try to swirl it around without moving the skillet from the pan. Cook for 7 minutes and then flip the chicken breast to the other side. Take the second part of lime half and squeeze it onto the chicken breasts just like you did the first time. Cook this side for 6 minutes.
After flipping and reversingthe chicken.Remember to squeeze the second lime half on there. After my food was done I paired my chicken with black beans, my favorite type of bean after baked beans. I purchased Conchita Black Beans, which were in the "Latin" section of the grocery store. They were already seasoned and delicious might I add.
Friday, July 4, 2014
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- I haven't done one of these in forever and a day because of all of these reasons that I'm sure are BS. Oh well...
- BET Awards Recap:
- I like Jhene Aiko's performance with John Legend. She seemed very free spirited even though she should have wore shoes.
- Chris Brown has been out of jail for like a week but has somehow managed to be practice for two different BET Award performances. Also this dude has been doing the same dance moves since he first hit the scene but just adds one or two new moves in, such as The Nae Nae for this year.
- Why was this 17 year old girl singing Between The Sheets?!
- Usher's performance was pretty good but I was concerned about whether or not he was about to break his hip. We know that the man isn't in his 20's anymore. One too many spins but lead to a disaster. I do enjoy his song about kissing that really isn't about "kissing."
- Busta? What happened man? Time has not been good to you.
- I don't care what Pharrell says about a dermatologist being the secret to his ageless appearance. Dude has sold his soul to Pap Legba and I know it. 20 years from now he's gonna be looking the same way he did tonight.
- I want my hair like Jennifer Hudson's. I just need to go buy a weave.
- Larenz Tate drinking from that fountain of youth too I see.
- August Alsina
minus the hair and teeth, Chris Brown, and Trey Songz in one performance. Way too much for me to handle. When are they going on tour? I'd spend that teaching money too quick.
- Lionel Richie's performance was really good.
- Keke Palmer's outfit of choice might have been cute if she were in the new Star Wars playing the love interest C-3PO.
- Why are there like 20 people on stage for the best group award with Young Money? Who is the white chick? Who did she "kiss" that night to get up on stage?
- TI needs to retire.
- Yay for the 90's baby making special they did. I'm sure my parents let me sing one of those songs as a child since I had no clue what any of it meant.
- Paula Patton needs to hurry up and take Robin Thicke back. This dude is begging and pleading to get her back. If she won't take him I'll go mend his broken heart.
- Nicki threw shade at Iggy I see.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z are the winners once again by not having to come out and perform live.
- Please tell me why this man was answering his phone at my friend's graduation. I was sitting there like, "No, this fool isn't."
- Woman asked me what type of hair I had. Luckily I'm a changed woman because the old me would have said, "My hair!" without thinking twice.
- I think I want to try a flexirod set but the question is will I have the patience to do it. *Looks at Curlformers that I used once two summers ago and never again*
- Another good season of Orange Is the New Black. Everything worked out the right way also.
- I've been called bougie about 100 times in the last three weeks. I refuse to believe it's true.
- Listening to the explicit version of I Luv This. Oh Lord...this is too much for me.
- Mom said it looks like I'm gaining weight. I don't like this.
- Clear renewable certificate finally came through. Now I just need to figure out what program I want to do for graduate school. #DrJonesEdD
- Meeting someone else with natural hair is always an interesting encounter. "Oh look at that hair!" "What do you do to it?"
- I had to help my Mom bag up phone books. We're not even halfway done.
- These pictures of Beyonce and Blue Ivy dressed alike and with matching manis/pedis is cute. Almost makes me want kids...then I remember the kids I work with August through May. #FreeBirthControl
- I was so disappointed to find out that Demetria Lucas wrote an article talking about Iggy Azalea and how rap needs more Black females.
- My brother called the house phone and asked where I was at this Thursday. I repeat, my brother called the HOUSE phone and asked WHERE I was at Thursday.
- I need to find a summer job in Brooklyn or sometime of internship. I desperately need to cross off my "Summer In Brooklyn" Bucket List goal.
- Who wants to take me to the Sundial in Atlanta? Please not all at one time.
- Still haven't gone to my baseball game or the beach. *sigh*
- I want a video camera to document stuff in my life. I'm not buying one for $1000 though.
- The dance routines on Hit The Floor really aren't impressing me this year and it's sad. They must have fired last years choreographer.
Friday, April 25, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- I am currently on a 90's R&B binge of music.
- So upset that my program canceled Monday's class and pushed it back to next week. I'm ready to be DONE with this thing.
- In other news it's time for me to look into graduate programs. I've gotta move up in this world.
- Basketball Wives recap:
- Ummm why is Jackie comparing this cognac that British is drinking to Lorenzo's watermelon?
- British looked cute in her all white I must say. I'm still lost as to why she's wearing this pink bra with her white shirt in these confessionals though.
- I know Sundy [sic] ain't telling nobody to "humble" themselves in Paris, knowing good and well she can't afford to go there without the helps of Basketball Wives.
- So now we make jokes about people's cancer preventing them from having kids? #WhereTheyDoThatAt
- Is it May 23rd yet?
- Kenya talking about she could have laid Porscha out in three moves because she's learned the same self-defense tactics as the Israeli military. Girl go on somewhere with that! Your butt got laid out by the person you least expected it from. Plus all this crap about having to worry about being a role model to young girls. She doesn't worry about that any other time.
- Why does Nikko from Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta look like the sloth from Ice Age?!
- The new Hit The Floor trailer is telling me that I need to hit some flexibility classes.
- I made goodie bags for my 8th grade math students. As soon as I tied the first bag I was overcome with fatigue and regret...even though it was only 20 bags. #DontJudgeMe
- I'm having one of those moments were I feel like my life is not on course but I'm gonna fight the feeling off before it takes over.
- Watching The Little Couple makes me want an Indian baby. This little girl is just too adorable with her bowl haircut.
- Why must graduate school cost so much?!
- This Waffle House breakfast was amazing this week. #CollegeGotMeAddicted
- I hate packing but being able to see my boo Andre 3000 will make it worth it.
- Wife Swap is always such an interesting show. I always enjoy seeing the super strict mom and the I-Let-My-Kids-Do-What-They-Want mom switch houses. It's pure comedy.
Friday, April 18, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- Well the demand for shower rods is about to shoot up after that whole Mimi and Nikko think. Surfboard is officially retired. #ShowerRodt
- So close to being done with this program. Lord Jesus let me make it!
- Taxes done! We'll be popping bottles of Evian at the club pretty soon!
- Basketball Wives Recap
- So VH1 can show outlines of male body parts now?
- Sundy [sic] cannot draw. I thought I was about to see some decent drawing from her when she said she was an amateur artist and loved to sketch. Some things are better left unsaid.
- Jackie has all these "friendships" with women I'm pretty sure she just met.
- Kool-Aid man used to wear shorts and a Hawaiian looking shirt when I was a kid. Now they're just letting the man walk around naked. What has the world come to?!
- I enjoy watching TI with his family on his show. He seems like a really good dad.
- Saw some lilies recently. Ummm...can we say beautiful?!
- Jhene Aiko's new video is EVERYTHING! That car keying scene was giving me so much life. Like it took me back to last year when I just envisioned myself keying this man's car. Good thing I came to my senses.
- The Purple Diamonds who were featured on Bring It are ratchet with all that tooting their butts up after winning the competition. They're ratchet just like the Ques I've been exposed to. I guess that's why they share the same colors.
- The first day of testing involved me testing...ALL day. I was ready to fall asleep on the kids in the afternoon.
- I went to look for some Sara Lee chocolate chip brownies that my coworker has. She said she got them at Walmart and I specifically told her the ghetto Walmart wouldn't have them. She didn't believe me but my prediction was right. Now I have to find these brownies.
- Oh yeah...LENT IS OVER SUNDAY! Back to the red meat, soda, and desserts. I did mess up like two days though.
- Firecracker Chicken Wraps at Longhorn's are delicious!
- I'm trying to understand why folks are so upset about Diddy being the speaker at Howard's graduation. Yeah the man didn't graduate but the reason he left was because he was offered the chance to start working in the field that he wanted. Steve Jobs went to college for six months, less than Diddy I believe, and y'all weren't this upset. Oprah dropped out of college too but nobody was complaining about that either. The man is successful and let's be honest, most of those college graduates aren't going to be multimillionaires like him. So all those people saying, "I want someone whose earned their to degree to come show me that this is what you can do when you earn your degree" need to take SEVERAL seats.
- That was long.
- Jay-Z and Beyonce may be going on tour together. Where can I buy my ticket at?
- I still have a hard time believing people when they say I'm skinny. #StruggleWithBodyIssuesEst2002
- Finally finished the second season of American Horror Story: Asylum. The ending, Lord Jesus I just don't know what to believe anymore.
- I really like this Bando Jonez song Sex You but I have a feeling he's probably super short and ugly.
- Ordered a white dress from Express. Hoping this one looks less hoochie-fied than the one from last year
that I never got to wearthat is tight and short.
- UGA better calm down with all these yearly "annual" alumni phone calls. "Annual" means once. Therefore calling me three months later makes it a "bi-annual." You'd think all that money we spend to get an education there people would learn some definitions.
Friday, April 11, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- I went to Athens Saturday and it's nice to see that nothing has changed. White folks still running around the city in their cute workout gear.
- Basketball Wives Recap:
- I'm lost as to how Jackie's daughter can say these other girls are "burning" her mom but the reality is her mom is the one stabbing folks in the back.
- Jackie and these cognac names.
- I'm still at a lost as to what type of voodoo Jackie Christie has on this husband of hers.
- Why are they at a bookstore to get this news about Paris? Like you couldn't call them up to dinner or coffee for that?
- I see you Draya in the all red! Tryna look like Jasmine from the movie Aladdin when Jafar took control of Genie.
- Of course Draya is gonna pick her man's side over Jackie and her daughter's. I mean, it's no different if someone came to Jackie about Doug trying to get with them.
- What the point of Sunday coming to this place?
- None of these women on this show are classy. I wish these hags would stop saying that they are.
- I can't stand hearing TI talk in his "intellectual" voice a.k.a. while I was in prison I read the dictionary every now and then.
- Is it bad that when I was at Walmart and saw these three bad kids my first thought was, "Watch they end up at my school."
- Cadbury has been using the same commercial since I was a kid. I know for a fact they save a ton of money on advertisement.
- Summer's almost here. I'm ready to start swinging my long braids.
- One day I'll be rich enough to have a summer house somewhere that's not in my city. #DontHaveToWorryAboutSeeingAnyKids
- A friend of mine told me that I'm "hard to please" and I just couldn't accept that. Therefore, being the person I am I reached out to two people who would know. Neither said I was hard to please. Argument settled.
- I seriously need Dianne from Bring It to do something about that overbite.
- Finally got around to watching Wolf Of Wall Street and Mister & Pete. Both were pretty good. Wolf Of Wall Street was extremely long, but man it was crazy. Jennifer Hudson looked a mess in Mister & Pete and the little Asian boy knows he wanted his privacy.
- Doc McStuffins mom is kind of hippy. Glad they gave her a black woman's body.
- Went in to get my oil and tires rotated. Found out I needed to get my wheel bearing fixed at the cost of $203. Lucky for me my Dad is semi-mechanic. The Benz is riding real nice right now.
- My ticket/wristband for the Counterpoint Festival finally came in!!!! I'm so close to seeing Rich Homie Quan, Janelle Monae, J. Cole, Major Lazer, and Outkast in one weekend!
- I need to get some cute clothes for this festival now that I think about it.
- Looking to get some tickets to see The Braves play this summer. So many options.
- It seems I was selected by one of my programs to represent my cohort by them having someone come in and observe my classroom. Luckily they canceled that the same day the e-mail was sent. They don't need to come see these kids. #NoNewFriendsInClub306
- My uncle told me my dresses should fall below my knees to keep my legs a mystery to men. I laughed that off immediately. Warm weather means my legs are out. #SummerTimeFine
- My cousin's boyfriend got smart with me Thursday. I almost had to pop off at him. #YouDontKnowMe #TurpinStreetBreed #SuburbsRaised
- I did nothing productive this week and a part of me doesn't care. *shoulder shrug*
|I just need to finish out April and May.|
Friday, April 4, 2014
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- Let me do a Basketball Wives summary for the past two weeks:
- Why must Basketball Wives be so ratchet? Just why?! And why must I enjoy it so much?!
- And why Jackie ol' crazy same weave track wearing behind start that mess up?
- And why is Sundy dressed like a video girl from an early 2000's music video? I was just waiting on Lloyd to pop out and start singing to her.
- How many times has Draya said she wasn't gonna be trusting Jackie?
- Lorenzo needs to stop acting like he's a dang on Laker. You ain't Kobe. You ain't Lebron. You ain't even the lowest paid NBA player in the league. Get it together man.
- So pretty much Draya's boyfriend was Catfish'ed by Jackie's daughter. Oh God...
- Jackie's daughter is pretty but she has issues over a man that's not even hers.
- Why does Draya have these black women at this zombie run? We don't do that mess.
- My Monday night last week was a crazy time filled with me helping out my sibling. If I were truly mean I would have left him on the side of the road. Plus I had to go bang on his door like a bill collector Sunday before church...but the Lord was with me as I went to retrieve my money.
- Someone buy me a copy of this Radical Math Volume 10 book please and thank you. It has a lot of games in it that seem pretty cool.
- This week has gone by fast but not fast enough.
- Summer Break? Where art thou?
- I'm glad the temperature finally made up it's mind as to what it was going to do. I don't have have time to be wearing stockings still. #TinaTurnerLegs #ThatsWhatAnOldManToldMeOnce
- Speaking of old men, that awkward moment when an old creep asks you if you went to school and you tell him you taught at school today to which he says how much you look like a student and has nothing else to say. #HeMightHaveBeenAPerv
- Somebody made a comment about my old high school being majority Black and I commented saying how it was 51% Black and 48% white in '08. Some white kid said, "I was the only white kid in all of my classes." It took everything in me not say, "Must not be fun being the minority for once in your life."
- Black Ink is back on. Dutchess is still annoying as hell. Nothing has changed I see.
- Sooooooo in the Walmart parking lot some girl and her boyfriend were talking. The boyfriend looked at me and the girl noticed. She loudly said, "Why you looking at her?!" His response was, "Because she looks f*****g good!" Once he said that I started walking around them but Lord Jesus that girl started power walking and I thought she was about to pounce on me. I was gonna end up on World Star because I wasn't gonna go out like a punk.
- I'm about to break Lent all types of ways this weekend. I'm gonna be eating hamburgers at The Grill with some feta dip, getting a mixed pupusa at Tlaloc, getting one of those diabetes type cupcakes at Gigi's...ugh I can't wait.
- Somebody asked about "my boyfriend." I was lost as to who this mystery man could possibly be.
- This girl decided to announce to the whole class that she has 9...let me spell that out in caps for ya'll...NINE cavities. That's the last thing that I would want to admit, especially when I'm like 15. I bet her breath is ridiculous. #NoInvitesToTheSocialForYou
- Move That Dope has to be one of my favorite songs out right now. The beat is crazy and the beautiful Pharrell provides a verse.
- I've been trying to eat a lot of bread lately. #TeamThickForTheSummer
Friday, March 21, 2014
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- I'm still waiting on the sexy Princess Tianna costume. Like why has it not happened yet? As if a Black princess can't be sexy.
- Think I want a flexirod set in my hair.
- I should go blonde...but I don't feel like being bald.
- Bought an arm band so I can go running and listen to music without having to hold my iPod.
- Watched an episode of TheWalking Dead with my friend. That is a good show!
- Google chrome has decided to shut down on me. Hmmm not good.
- This Execedrin commercial with the husband and wife in bed is pure comedy. A woman had to be the mastermind behind that one.
- I need to plan my trip to Miami for next year. If all these damn college kids can afford to go there's no reason why I can't. #MiamiSummer2015
- This past weekend was the "You Date White Boys" from coworkers and my Mom. I might have gone to an event with a white guy and my Mom will swear up and down that the guy was my boyfriend and we were on the verge of marriage and owning a house.
- Peach iced tea flavored yogurt. What is this world coming to?
- Two weeks until Spring Break. Let me figure out what I'm gonna do during my week of freedom besides binge on Netflix with my friend.
- Went to Church's and saw a "Hiring" sign. I seriously considered applying for a shift leader position.
- Reminded as to why I don't tell my mom about how my job is. I don't have time for it.
- I love my 2nd grade teacher and music teacher so much. They still have my back after all these years
- Speaking of my music teacher, I showed her my hair blown out and she started talking about how I barely had hair when I was her student. I was never bald headed so no clue why she said that. #TeamWearAScrunchieAndHaveHangTime #IGotThatDropAsMyKidsSay
- Voting to have an elective class on personal hygiene. The sun is coming out and the funk is getting real.
- I need to go to Cali n Titos. Which means I need to go to Athens.
- "How are the boy[friends]? Guess you'll be married soon." --> The typical question and response from people.
- Dang Millie out here having relations with the VP Candidate. Do you boo.
- Busy weekend ahead. Exciting! #NoSleep #ProfessionalNetworkerInTheMaking
- Google Chrome still isn't working on my laptop. Ugh...I'm making blogs straight off the iPod.
Friday, March 14, 2014
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- I was told that I don't seem like the type of person to shack up or have kids out of wedlock. I'll take that as a compliment.
- New swimsuit and it's a bandeau top! Here's to hoping I don't encounter any clothing malfunctions with it on at the beach. #NoJanetJackson #IllProbablyPutTheStringsOnIt
- Khloe Kardashian is really the best Kardashian. Her street wear is always a mix of elegance and high class escort to the who's who of rich men. Yes, I did just say that.
- I look nice in a lot of colors. This is a sign that Lupita and I might be sisters.
- I have been informed that I have a UGA one-sie waiting me. Um can we say exciting?!
- This Sour Patch Kids gum from Stride ain't hitting for nothing. The flavor is gone in like 5 seconds.
- Just thought about the time I was in college and went to get my hair done at the mall. This really popular girl who was the same year as me was getting her hair done and when she left I got the same beautician as her. Then the beautician informed me that the girl had a weave. I never looked at her the same. #BeauticiansCantKeepSecret
- Did my first Crossfit class. My thighs are about to feel it.
- Purchased two dresses online. I have a problem ya'll!
- Everybody and they mama getting engaged. All I'm asking for is a freaking invite to a wedding. That's it! I don't even have to be in the wedding.
- Little body movements hurt. That Crossfit worked me out!
- Registered for the GRE!!!! One small step towards becoming Dr. Jones! #SpeakingItIntoExistence
- Lent has been a struggle this year and it's only been a week! I had a cupcake last week and this week I had some ice cream. #TeamNoSelfControl
- Constantly reminded as to why I don't watch The Game simply by the opening five minutes.
- Comic View is coming back? Ummm...it's never been the same since Rickey Smiley left.
- Taught a session at Math & Science night. Proud of myself. Now just to transfer those skills and confidence to a class of 20+ kids.
- I've mentioned going to the batting cages over and over but no one has taken me up on my offer yet.
- Even though these kids drive me crazy on a daily basis they are none the less entertaining.
- I need to find some recipes to try out for this summer.
- It might be time to cut my nails.
- Drank a freaking 32 ounce Fuze strawberry lemonade. Ugh...all that sugar and bubbling fat developing on me.
- The joys of trying to complete job applications they're due. Here's to hoping for a little summer employment. #NoDaysOff
- Shout out to the lady at the local Board of Education who stopped me to tell me how much she was in love with my hair.
- When a kid confronts another kid and says, "Take your balls out from between your f*cking hands." #Priceless
Friday, March 7, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- This condom commercial where the son gives the dad protection trips me out everytime I swear.
- Is it summer yet?
- I guess this was the year that everyone decided to go to Mardi Gras and I didn't receive the reminder.
- Everyone is getting engaged too...nobody cares.
- Must resist the urge to buy this dress online. Must. Resist. *checks e-mail* Oh a coupon for $15 off.
- I surely don't appreciate the temperature dropping during the baseball game. Went from like 60 to 30 degrees in five seconds.
- Jackie Christie on Basketball Wives has like the worst grammar in the world I swear. Her weave game has drastically improved from season 1 to this one. Yes for those Basketball Wives of LA checks paying for the Indian Remy i
n select scenes. You better swing it!
- I learned how to make an arrow on the Promethian Board. That's one small step for Ms. Jones.
- I received Teacher of the Week for my school.
Yay for stuffing the ballot box
- I really need to go out of town. I'm tired of this city.
- I bet Luptia's brother is gonna be one of those fine old African men with some nice salt and pepper hair. I can see it already.
- A little girl in Zaxby's asked this woman that was apart of her group if she got a kid's meal. The woman replied with, "No, I don't get kid's meals. I'm a big b***h." I was done after that.
- It's always nice when kids who you don't teach ask if you're gonna be coming to their games. They really do notice that stuff.
- I'm pretty sure some of the students in one of my classes thought I was going through a terrible break-up. I told them I didn't feel well, had the class lights off, and some sappy Bruno Mars's music playing. Next thing you know I hear, "Ms. Jones, you are all right? You look depressed."
- Oh and in another class my girls said they're gonna set me up with someone. I told them I was good.
I have no interest in the thug uncles and brothers they might have.
- Saw my 4th grade teacher at the store. She said she's thinking of going to middle school. I gave her a death stare.
- Is it Spring Break yet?
- Watched this show called Bring It! I assume these girls are just doing like marching band type routines. The coach has a crucial overbite.
- It feels like everything on this Friday Ramblings is work related...
- Chileee...Alfree Woodard looked rough in Holiday Heart. She wanted that crack real bad in the scene were she was willing to offer up her daughter to that man in the silk jumpsuit.
- I always find it funny when people think I'm super conservative and don't listen to rap music. They just don't know the real me.
- Olive Pope just got it in with the president and her side dude is outside listening to the entire conversation of them talk about him. He must be feeling some type of way.
- "Oh you're not mixed?" No, I've said this before.
Friday, February 28, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- This is the last day of Black History Month. Now I have to find a new excuse for why I can say whatever I want to those of the paler, European complexion.
- Saturday at young adult Bible study we focused on relationships: friendships and dating. This girl said when a woman comes over to a man's house he shouldn't be in basketball shorts and a t-shirt because it presents temptations. I was kind of lost as to why basketball shorts were such a temptation (Maybe because they slip off easily?). Then someone else said the guy should at least have on sweatpants. First thought in my mind was, "That's even worse because you'll see the print of it." I didn't say that out loud though. Then they said make sure you have jeans with a belt on. My thought of that was, "If I want to get to it I will. Doesn't matter what you have on." I don't engage in those activities though but I am able to apply my critical thinking skills to anything.
- I have so many coupons for money off at these stores with cute clothes. Jesus be a financial advisor.
- I'm waiting on consistent warm weather. My legs are dying to be out.
- I need to start lifting weight just in cases a need to drag someone. Drag is code for beat the crap out of them.
- *Looks in the mail for wedding invites.* Why aren't any of ya'll about to jump the broom?! I'm friends with the wrong people obviously.
- I'm just one paper, two revisions, two observations, and a portfolio away from getting out of this program. Lord Jesus let me be patient.
- Whenever I have a child I hope it's like a Ginger but Black.
- Ugh a rueben, strawberry feta salad, and triple berry zinger from ECV would be so good right now.
- "This ain't yo f*ckin' house! You rent this muthaf*cka!"-Brandi from Basketball Wives LA. Chileeee
- As much as these kids call each other "nigga" you would assume it were on their birth certificates.
- Mary Jane has TERRIBLE friends! I mean absolutely, TERRIBLE!!! Not one, but TWO friends, tell her to go visit the houses of men who are in relationship already.
- I've clocked out of work after what happened this week. I just...I can't.
- I see they're trying to hide that baby bump that Kerry Washington has. Olivia is slaying in the coats.
- Kindergartners out here "having sex" in the bathroom. SMH
Friday, February 21, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- Saw a pretty Michael Kors bag. Then I saw the price. It ain't worth it. No time soon at least.
- The moment when you want to take a nap but have to wait for a package to be delivered...the struggle is real.
- I saw a mint colored pair of shoes at Target. I need to go get them but at the same time I want to save my money. *sigh* The life of being an adult.
- My Mom is quick to tell folks I'm grown when. This man who was doing something to the vents in our house called me "young thing" or something like that and in like 0.0001 seconds my Mom was like, "She's grown! She's not young!" Well dang!
- The moment you see a dress you like online but then look at the price. This seems to be the theme for the week or should I say my whole life. Yes, I am cheap.
- Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club is coming out. Wonder how this one will be different.
- The moment you go to someone's house and The Walking Dead comes on. #SittingHereLookingSalty #WeDidWatchTwoHoursOfAHS
- Jesus Christ be some coconut oil and a Tylenol. These braids are so tight right now but my beautician Candace hooked me up as usual.
- Barberitos disappointed me during $5 Monday. My black beans were burnt and I could taste it. I couldn't even finish my burrito. Made me want to cry.
- Speaking of bad food, I had the worst Krystal's in my life. The hot sign was on but the burgers I got were cold and looked old. Plus the fries were cold.
- I'm just gonna start walking around saying #TeamThickness. Then maybe, just maybe, my hopes of looking like Buffy the Body below the waist will happen. If not physically, mentally.
- Tyrese's Lately has been stuck in my head. Now I'll be walking around working singing it...along with a 100 other songs. #HumanPandora
- I want to go to New Orleans so bad. It's ridiculous.
- My Facebook page has been overflowing with post about why you should wait for it before marriage. Either people were super tempted this Valentine's Day with their significant other and want to remind themselves that they need to hold out a little longer, or people caved in on Valentine's Day and are trying to do some weird psychological trick on themselves.
- Lolo Jones has moved on to bobsledding. This girl wants a medal so bad but it's just not happening it seems. The issue might be that she just needs to just give it up.
- I'm getting somewhat tired of Being Mary Jane. Like we all know that she's gonna keep going back to this man. I'm also getting tired of these I Am Mary Jane...commercials. Like why would you even want to say you're like her? You can't say you're like her because she's confident. Why? Because confident women don't have to sleep with married men. They can find their own. That's my personal opinion though.
- Somebody in this house ate my last bag of kettle corn popcorn. This is not okay. Like seriously.
- I think I'm having a slight case of baby fever. It's scary and so not me. I think I've seen too many cute kids lately.
- This lady I work with swears up and down I have a line of men waiting to talk to me. That's never been a case in this life. Maybe it was in my previous one.
Friday, February 14, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- Started my week off by getting flowers at work. Peruvian lilies to be exact. Why is this important? Because I mentioned how pretty I thought lilies were and it shows that someone is listening. Kudos
- I see Future is on Single Ladies tryna get a check for his child support payments for his three other baby mamas, excludes Ciara. Get them checks boo!
- Pinch & Pull sure does deliver its product fast. Ordered on Saturday and got it on Monday.
- When most of my students try to get on each other about what they wear...my first thought it always, "Most of ya'll have no room to say anything."
- Pretty sure this girl in my class has a Catfish type of relationship going on. I asked her about where her boyfriend goes to school at and she says, "I don't know. It ain't important." I guess my city will be on MTV soon.
- Walked into class and heard a kid talking about how he was gonna be fresh once that income tax check came in. I tell ya...
- Accomplished my goal of going to Hooters finally! The wings really weren't all of that. Now I know people only go to see the T & A because ain't nothing spectacular about those wings and plus a tiny cup of extra dressing is $0.89. The Devil is a lie!
- What is up with these chicks on Love & Hip Hop carrying around their pregnancy tests? Like seriously...that's nasty. It's pee on a stick. Take a picture of that mess and just send it to the baby daddy.
- This NBA All-Star commercial with Pharrell is cute.
- All snowed in, or should I say iced in, for two days this week. Gives me time to read and catch up on work. The question is, will I do it?
- I donated $20 to my school. Maybe this will increase my chances of getting alumni tickets come football season.
- Cable, internet, and land line went out in my house for like two days. It got real when my Dad said, "What am I supposed to do?" Like dang you can't talk to your wife and daughter for the time being?!
- My Dad asked if I thought he was romantic. I didn't tell the truth out of fear of hurting his feelings.
- Everytime I listen to Jhene Aiko I think about how I thought her career was over after B2K broke up. She proved me wrong.
- I finished reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. That book went downhill after she met that painter. I give it 3 out of 5.
- Found out this guy I used to "talk to" (If I can even call it that seeing how he annoyed me and the one time I went out with him was with other people) is engaged. *Kanye shrug*
- Watched Free Angela and All Political Prisoners and Hidden Colors while the cable was out. I recommend everyone watch those two documentaries, especially if you are a person of color. Really got me thinking.
- Well we had an earthquake in my city. I can't wait to share my story with my friends.
Friday, February 7, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- I've gotta get out of this house. Like it's too many adults in this house but the thought of paying a butt load of bills on my current salary doesn't sit well with me.
- Everytime I hear Katy Perry's Dark Horse I think of pole dancing and twerking for some reason.
- I had a conference with a parent this week. My main concern? What can I wear to look fabulous as I make an example of someone? #MyrtleSnowStatus
- Heard some students talking about gonorrhea and how you get it from having sex with a person whose infected from AIDS. I was going to say something until they said they learned it in health class. I stepped back after that.
- One week before Valentine's Day. All secret admirers can send gifts to my job.
- If you know where I work and are a secret admirer you actually may be a stalker when I think about it.
- I think Bruno Mars's back-up singers got more shine than Kelly and Michelle got last year when they performed with Beyonce. #ItAintShadeIfItsTheTruth
- I'm going to see Outkast perform. I just thought I should let ya'll know.
- Erica Mena's boobs looked like they were about to pop out in that red dress during this Love & Hip Hop Reunion.
- Mary Jane is just oh so content being the side chick. Do you boo but he's not leaving his wife for you.
- Can we just jump to my third or fourth year of teaching where I'm a pro at classroom management? Like is that a possibility?
- I need another three days out of school so I can finish reading my book.
- Just discovered we have a day out this month. #Winning
- New shoes and that dress
that I've been waiting on for like a yearcame in the mail today.
- I had a conference call for my program. It was recommended to use yoga balls with my students to help calm them down in class because they have to concentrate in order to sit on the balls. That's a big HELL NAW to that idea. I can only imagine the disasters that would occur with that. Students throwing them across the room or popping them. No way, no how.
- Is it summer yet?
- I've found myself having to hold my tongue quite frequently. I might snap one day.
- I want to go back to Athens simply so I can get around to trying Mama's Boy.
- Is there a difference between listening to your parent and listening to another adult? I had a brief discussion of that with a coworker who I guess felt like kids should be more willing to listen to other adults than their parents. Of course it all depends on the student.
- How is Farrah in couples therapy by herself? Someone please tell me.
- Finally found out what type of sneakers all the boys at school are wearing, KDs. They're actually really cute shoes. I wouldn't mind a pair but I don't want my feet looking long in a pair of men's shoes.
So I’ve been texting this guy and I can already tell it ain’t gonna work out. For those of you who know me I’m really not attached to my phone. Sometimes I let it die because there too many other things I’m doing—movies, reading, outside, work. Anyway, he eluded to the fact that I didn’t text him back fast enough. Nigga bye! No explanation needed, I am not here to text you back in record time. Besides I was work.
Next we were talking about webseries and sense of humor. Great! A commonality! Maybe we can really get this conversation going. He says he would like to suggest one for me to watch. I say, “sure, what is it.” He bullshits around and comes back with, ” well, I’m not sure if you’ll like it. I don’t know your sense of humor.” I tell him it can be dry sometimes. He bullshits some more and long story short he says” well I’m not going to recommend it anymore” Me? I’m just thinking like why did we just have this fucking conversation? That time could have been spent on Pinterest doing something worthwhile.
How fucking hard is it to say, “Go to Youtube and search blah, blah, blah.” I don’t have time for poor communicators.
Besides…he passed a judgement right out the box. On to the next.
Monday, February 3, 2014
Often in conversation with girlfriends or on the first or second date or at some point in life we’ve all discussed what we want in a significant other. I’ve decided to share a few of my non-negotiables. Before long this list is just going to say male and penis.
- Similar sense of humor
- Gentleman- I don’t mind if you open the car and restaurant door every once in a while.
- Financially stable; able to manage money but not a cheap a$$
- Passionate- In the sack and in general.
- Educated— You don’t have to have a doctorate degree but if you just graduated from high school, barely and are working a waged job… just no. See above.
- Adventurous to an extent; I don’t want a f**king couch potato
- Able to communicate well
- Emotionally and physically available
- Hobbies- I don’t want you riding my f**king grill all the time. Find your own sh*t to do. And I’m not talking the bar and club every Friday, Saturday, and Thursday nights.
Friday, January 31, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- This Give Me Shelter movie looks pretty good.
- Fruitvale Station was good but not Oscar good. Ya'll need to calm down with all that mess about it was snubbed.
- Playing chess with someone who already knows you can't play is no fun.
- I'm ready to watch the last episode of American Horror Story: Murder House so I can start the next season. I'm addicted.
- I want a pair of Jordans. Why? I don't know. Probably just to live out that childhood dream but I seriously do need another pair of sneakers.
- Some of these dudes on Tumblr give women a new type of hope with their back and forth "flirting" with folks that ask questions anonymously. Like seriously ya'll need to chill before random chicks pop up at your doorstep with a bag full of duct tape and rope.
- After two weeks of straight hair it's back to the twists. See ya again in a year or two precious flat ironed hair.
- Shrinkage is a mf'er ya'll! I had my twists hanging down and looked like a middle school lesbian.
- Speaking of hair, box braids might be the look for the summer or some part of the school year. Let me start saving up. #PoeticJustice
- Lupita Nyong'o is killing the award show fashion. Like I've yet to see this chick in anything that doesn't look amazing.
- Why must we continue to push Keke Palmer's singing career? Just let her act and be pretty.
- My Mom decided to make chitlins for Tuesday's dinner. She's so wrong for that. So, so wrong.
- Valentine's Day is slowly but surely approaching. Let me prepare for the influx of gifts from random admirers.
- I need new clothes.
- I just had the sudden urge for some gold hoop earrings. Let me go to Target.
- Watched the first season of American Horror Story: Murder House. That last episode had me and friend were like, "When is this going to end?!" It was so long and drawn out for no good reason!
- Mary Jane looks like she has a weak <insert what happened at the beginning of the show> game. She was just chilling.
- Tax Season is upon us. Just had a student talk about how she's gonna be coming to work with all brand new clothes and shoes next month.
- I think I might invest in some more running shoes with next month's check.
Week of Jan. 26-31
- School was canceled for
twothree days because of this snow "storm"!!!
- The downside of this is my seminar for Friday has also been canceled because of the roads. *sigh* So much for a one day work week.
- Watched Captain Phillips with my family. The entire movie all my Mom could say was, "They need some Black women on this ship."
- Kudos to all those teachers in Atlanta who were snowed in with their students. Lord knows what I would have done if I had to stay with my students overnight.
Probably walked home. #BadTeacher
- Currently reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. Pretty good I must say.
- So happy to be done paying this freaking tuition for my program. That extra money is gonna come in handy.
- The dress that I ordered on like January 11 is finally in the country. It's took forever and a day just for the order to go from "processing" to "packaged." It better fit when it gets here too.
- Just realized my package has to go through Atlanta. Let me prepare for another month of not having this dress.
- This new heating system in my house is making me sick. It gets so freaking hot like it's the summer time and it's like no matter what we put the temperature on the upstairs is like a hot summer day. I just end up sitting here with my fan on sweating bullets.
- I need to go to Washington D.C. to try some of this jumbo sized pizza from Pizza Mart and Jumbo Slice. Yes, I want to travel that far simply for some pizza. Don't judge me.
- Wasn't really feeling Beyonce's performance
or hairat The Grammy's but oh well. Her dress was beautiful though. Let me find one like that.
- All these engaged people are making me want to vomit. Too much lovely dovey stuff for me, the girl with no emotions.
- Ready to go see The Monuments Men. #HistoryNerd
- Dad bought me some new boots for my late birthday gift. Now I have something to wear with those sweater tights. God is good!
- I have been having some of the weirdest dreams lately. I'll leave it at that.
- When is Hit The Floor coming back on?! That was good quality television right there.
- Bought a new pair of a oxfords from DSW...with a coupon...plus I had free shipping. I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the money I just spent.
- My county has called me THREE times to remind me that work resumes Friday. One call is enough. The only reason you need to be calling me more than once is to tell me there's no work or you passed a little extra money my way this month.
- The clips of this Bernice chick from that towing show are so fake to me but oh so funny.
|Technically this assignment is a 100. I'm just saying.|
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Soooo I’ve been single for a while now and decided it was time to jump back in the game. Not because I needed a boyfriend but because I wanted one. It may have had something to do with moving or wanting someone to wax the… or heaven forbid, male companionship, lots of laughs, good times, and a partner in crime.
Let me paint a picture, I’m not very receptive to men that approach me when out mainly because men do not know how to approach a women. I don’t know about you but “aye, yo, let me holler, and you got a man”, are not acceptable approaches. I don’t give my phone number out to the few that dare approach me in the bar or club because they are only looking for some quick hit it and quit it pussy and I’ll have you know, I’m not a train station.
After months, yea, we’ll say months, of not dating I meet someone who belongs to the same organization that I do. Very clean cut gentleman, articulate, intelligent— a few of the important characteristics I look for. We’re going places uncommitted… just feeling each other out. After a while, we say lets make it official. We begin dating but in the short month of dating little things began to irk me— mainly his inability to stop talking long enough to let me get a word in, lateness with no courtesy call or text, and he fell asleep during a movie date we had. What really got me was when I realized he was cheap. He said “I’d rather rent a redbox or walk around the park over paying for this $4.00 movie ticket.”
Needless to say it didn’t last. I didn’t care to hang out with him anymore because even a text from him was annoying. We broke it off and that was that.
Anyway, fast forward I decided what the hell, I’ll sign up for a dating website. After terrible luck and a bunch of men that looked like they lived in their mamma’s basement or kept their money in a rubberband I had a friend help me rewrite my profile. It seemed to help a little and the first date came. First, problem I had was what to wear— flannel, flannel, flannel, striped button down, colored khakis, colored khakis, converse but that ain’t the point.
We grab coffee and let me tell you! When I say the conversation was dull, it was dull. I get through it, convinced he isn’t interested anymore, which is fine and go about my day. About a month later I get a message from him inviting me to another date. I go. Why? For the free meal, duh! And because I wanted to give him a second chance. What a mistake the conversation was still dull and I struggled not to check my watch. The chemistry just wasn’t there. He’s invited me out again but its time I break it off.
At this point I have 3 other prospects and a date with one of them in a week. Hopefully I won’t struggle to check my watch.
Friday, January 17, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- Everyone keeps asking about my "wedding." "When you get married can I be in your wedding?" "Will you invite me to your wedding?" Am I the only person who doesn't know about what's going on in my life right now?
I pray that this dress I ordered online fits me like a glove. That way my first dress of the spring/summer will be ready. Ya'll ain't ready...I ordered this dang dress from Rowme last Saturday and the thing is still listed as "processing." Like seriously, how long does it take to put a dress in a box and slap a UPS label on it? Like seriously, this thing better fit and look good on me because I can only imagine trying to send it back for another size then having to wait on it to process again. Romwe ain't ready...
- Sophia from The Color Purple was the original boss chick. She wasn't dealing with any of Harpo's wannabe Alpha male BS.
- The GRE cost too much. I think I'll create one of those profiles were people can donate money to me. I mean this is a worthy cause. Plus it's $185 so it's not asking for much.
- I need to go to a concert. Lauryn Hill is performing at The Tabernacle but I don't have time to take such a risk with my time or my money.
- I HATE these dogs next door. Like with a passion.
- Students at my school are a perfect form of birth control. The only cost is my health and good looks from all the stress they cause me.
- Ready to hit the batting cages up. Whose down?
- Is it "whose" or "who's?" Pretty sure it's "whose."
- Shug had Miss. Celia looking a hot mess in that red sequin dress. We all know it's true.
- My obituary simply needs to say, "She wasted most of her time on the internet."
- Student told me today that I should have gone to one of the more hood high schools and I would have found a "hood n*gga." Without thinking my reply was, "I can find one without going there." *sigh* Of course he announced it to the whole class with his big mouth.
- Ciara is pregnant. There goes all hope for that comeback she was wishing for. Plus she's like baby mama three for Future I think.
- The Nae Nae dance is following me everywhere I swear. I went to the basketball game...it was played. I went to Walmart...someone was singing. I went to work...a student was doing it. It won't stop.
- Mary Janee's life is just all types of messed up. Her man
even though he's married stillis gonna propose and then next thing you know he's kissing all up on his wife's back ready to let her surfboard all on him. Meanwhile Mary Jane is going to sleep and waking up...alone. #IWokeUpLikeThis #Single #LifeOfASideChick
- My Mom is coming at me with these, "you're dating heavily" comments now.
- I was reminded as to why I don't flat iron my hair. I decided to touch my roots up and ended up screwing my ends up. Dear Lord please don't let the damage be extreme. #JesusBeASplitEndProtector #JesusBeAHeatProtectant
- Just learned what "Bye Felicia" means. Let me start saying that to more kids at my job when they start saying they can't stand the teachers at the school and want to go somewhere else.
- How in the hell does Kathy Bates's character STAB Angela Bassett and the chick just pulls the knife out of her chest like a G, but ol' creepy doll loving guy knocks her in the back of the head and chick passes out while gracefully tumbling down the stairs? Like seriously?!
- Is it summer yet? Like seriously?
- We got a new heater in my house. I came home and hit my praise dance. Winters have been mighty cold in this house for past few years but no more!
- Next American Horror Story will be set in the 1950s!!!
- Gave a post test out to my students on exponents. One girl went from like 22% (pre-test) to 100% (post-test). These are the little moments that I appreciate and feel like I'm doing my job right.
- Like seriously is it summer yet?
Friday, January 10, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- School was delayed by two hours this week. The Lord answered my prayer from Monday in his own way. Thank yah Jesus!
- Gabrielle Union is allegedly pregnant. I'm hoping this isn't true seeing how D. Wade was running around sticking his penis in other women all unprotected and ish.
- Speaking of D. Wade, what would possess him and Ludacris to go and just get these chicks pregnant simply because they were "on a break?" Like if we've been together for a year and we take a break it does not mean go raw in these "longtime" friends of yours. I wish my boyfriend would be that stupid.
- Had a student tell me I smelled like soap. Ummmmm...I'll take that one as a compliment.
- Terrell Owens is in a Hardy's commercial with his man boobs. Make that money boo!
- Let us take a moment and thank Beyonce for all this sex kitten music that she came out with. #Surfboard #HeLikeToCallMePeaches #Rocket #Blow
- Let us give a shout out to Angela Basset for her awesome acting on American Horror Story: Coven. "Whose baby is that?" "Mine! Check the skin tone."
- I was thinking long and hard about some stuff and realized if I were a jelly bean flavor I'd be Juicy Peach because it's the best tasting one. That flavor is from the Jelly Belly company. You know the ones who make the gourmet jelly beans? Even when I'm picking minor stuff out like that I'm still bougie.
- My family and I went to see Mandela during Christmas Break. It was a great movie I must say. Idris Elba looked like an old pug when they showed him as the aged Mandela though. I highly recommend this movie.
- Speaking of Mr. Elba, did you all see his tweet about what his bow tie does to him when he smiles?! I may never look at a bow tie
on an attractive manthe same again.
- This "Her" movie seems...creepy. Like developing a romantic relationship with your computer is just...yeahhhhhh.
- I still wouldn't mind dying my hair blonde but like I always say I prefer not to wake up with a bunch of blonde hair laying on my bed unattached to my scalp.
- It's time for me to go on a trip. Like I want to go to New Orleans or Miami really bad this summer and take tons of pictures with this camera my boo thang got me for Christmas in awesome clothes.
- I'm ready to buy a new summer wardrobe. I'm thinking of lots of pattern shorts, wedges, and just bright colors. Maybe a turban or two. I want to do the cut off jean shorts look but I don't think it would be smart to wear that in my city with my job. Might have to save them for that summer trip.
- I still have a life goal to develop an Erykah Badu effect on men.
- Ruby Woo is like the greatest red lipstick ever minus the fact that it's so drying.
- Just watched a video for this #NaeNae dance. Where's Terio?
|Strip tease gone wrong.|