- I'm still waiting on the sexy Princess Tianna costume. Like why has it not happened yet? As if a Black princess can't be sexy.
- Think I want a flexirod set in my hair.
- I should go blonde...but I don't feel like being bald.
- Bought an arm band so I can go running and listen to music without having to hold my iPod.
- Watched an episode of TheWalking Dead with my friend. That is a good show!
- Google chrome has decided to shut down on me. Hmmm not good.
- This Execedrin commercial with the husband and wife in bed is pure comedy. A woman had to be the mastermind behind that one.
- I need to plan my trip to Miami for next year. If all these damn college kids can afford to go there's no reason why I can't. #MiamiSummer2015
- This past weekend was the "You Date White Boys" from coworkers and my Mom. I might have gone to an event with a white guy and my Mom will swear up and down that the guy was my boyfriend and we were on the verge of marriage and owning a house.
- Peach iced tea flavored yogurt. What is this world coming to?
- Two weeks until Spring Break. Let me figure out what I'm gonna do during my week of freedom besides binge on Netflix with my friend.
- Went to Church's and saw a "Hiring" sign. I seriously considered applying for a shift leader position.
- Reminded as to why I don't tell my mom about how my job is. I don't have time for it.
- I love my 2nd grade teacher and music teacher so much. They still have my back after all these years
- Speaking of my music teacher, I showed her my hair blown out and she started talking about how I barely had hair when I was her student. I was never bald headed so no clue why she said that. #TeamWearAScrunchieAndHaveHangTime #IGotThatDropAsMyKidsSay
- Voting to have an elective class on personal hygiene. The sun is coming out and the funk is getting real.
- I need to go to Cali n Titos. Which means I need to go to Athens.
- "How are the boy[friends]? Guess you'll be married soon." --> The typical question and response from people.
- Dang Millie out here having relations with the VP Candidate. Do you boo.
- Busy weekend ahead. Exciting! #NoSleep #ProfessionalNetworkerInTheMaking
- Google Chrome still isn't working on my laptop. Ugh...I'm making blogs straight off the iPod.
Friday, March 21, 2014
It's Friday so you know the deal...
Friday, March 14, 2014
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- I was told that I don't seem like the type of person to shack up or have kids out of wedlock. I'll take that as a compliment.
- New swimsuit and it's a bandeau top! Here's to hoping I don't encounter any clothing malfunctions with it on at the beach. #NoJanetJackson #IllProbablyPutTheStringsOnIt
- Khloe Kardashian is really the best Kardashian. Her street wear is always a mix of elegance and high class escort to the who's who of rich men. Yes, I did just say that.
- I look nice in a lot of colors. This is a sign that Lupita and I might be sisters.
- I have been informed that I have a UGA one-sie waiting me. Um can we say exciting?!
- This Sour Patch Kids gum from Stride ain't hitting for nothing. The flavor is gone in like 5 seconds.
- Just thought about the time I was in college and went to get my hair done at the mall. This really popular girl who was the same year as me was getting her hair done and when she left I got the same beautician as her. Then the beautician informed me that the girl had a weave. I never looked at her the same. #BeauticiansCantKeepSecret
- Did my first Crossfit class. My thighs are about to feel it.
- Purchased two dresses online. I have a problem ya'll!
- Everybody and they mama getting engaged. All I'm asking for is a freaking invite to a wedding. That's it! I don't even have to be in the wedding.
- Little body movements hurt. That Crossfit worked me out!
- Registered for the GRE!!!! One small step towards becoming Dr. Jones! #SpeakingItIntoExistence
- Lent has been a struggle this year and it's only been a week! I had a cupcake last week and this week I had some ice cream. #TeamNoSelfControl
- Constantly reminded as to why I don't watch The Game simply by the opening five minutes.
- Comic View is coming back? Ummm...it's never been the same since Rickey Smiley left.
- Taught a session at Math & Science night. Proud of myself. Now just to transfer those skills and confidence to a class of 20+ kids.
- I've mentioned going to the batting cages over and over but no one has taken me up on my offer yet.
- Even though these kids drive me crazy on a daily basis they are none the less entertaining.
- I need to find some recipes to try out for this summer.
- It might be time to cut my nails.
- Drank a freaking 32 ounce Fuze strawberry lemonade. Ugh...all that sugar and bubbling fat developing on me.
- The joys of trying to complete job applications they're due. Here's to hoping for a little summer employment. #NoDaysOff
- Shout out to the lady at the local Board of Education who stopped me to tell me how much she was in love with my hair.
- When a kid confronts another kid and says, "Take your balls out from between your f*cking hands." #Priceless
Friday, March 7, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- This condom commercial where the son gives the dad protection trips me out everytime I swear.
- Is it summer yet?
- I guess this was the year that everyone decided to go to Mardi Gras and I didn't receive the reminder.
- Everyone is getting engaged too...nobody cares.
- Must resist the urge to buy this dress online. Must. Resist. *checks e-mail* Oh a coupon for $15 off.
- I surely don't appreciate the temperature dropping during the baseball game. Went from like 60 to 30 degrees in five seconds.
- Jackie Christie on Basketball Wives has like the worst grammar in the world I swear. Her weave game has drastically improved from season 1 to this one. Yes for those Basketball Wives of LA checks paying for the Indian Remy i
n select scenes. You better swing it!
- I learned how to make an arrow on the Promethian Board. That's one small step for Ms. Jones.
- I received Teacher of the Week for my school.
Yay for stuffing the ballot box
- I really need to go out of town. I'm tired of this city.
- I bet Luptia's brother is gonna be one of those fine old African men with some nice salt and pepper hair. I can see it already.
- A little girl in Zaxby's asked this woman that was apart of her group if she got a kid's meal. The woman replied with, "No, I don't get kid's meals. I'm a big b***h." I was done after that.
- It's always nice when kids who you don't teach ask if you're gonna be coming to their games. They really do notice that stuff.
- I'm pretty sure some of the students in one of my classes thought I was going through a terrible break-up. I told them I didn't feel well, had the class lights off, and some sappy Bruno Mars's music playing. Next thing you know I hear, "Ms. Jones, you are all right? You look depressed."
- Oh and in another class my girls said they're gonna set me up with someone. I told them I was good.
I have no interest in the thug uncles and brothers they might have.
- Saw my 4th grade teacher at the store. She said she's thinking of going to middle school. I gave her a death stare.
- Is it Spring Break yet?
- Watched this show called Bring It! I assume these girls are just doing like marching band type routines. The coach has a crucial overbite.
- It feels like everything on this Friday Ramblings is work related...
- Chileee...Alfree Woodard looked rough in Holiday Heart. She wanted that crack real bad in the scene were she was willing to offer up her daughter to that man in the silk jumpsuit.
- I always find it funny when people think I'm super conservative and don't listen to rap music. They just don't know the real me.
- Olive Pope just got it in with the president and her side dude is outside listening to the entire conversation of them talk about him. He must be feeling some type of way.
- "Oh you're not mixed?" No, I've said this before.