My life is in shambles you guys! I have four more weeks of school left and I've yet to get a job lined up following graduation nor have I finished any of my applications. What am I doing with myself like seriously? It seems like everything is just coming at me all at once. Within two weeks I have three papers due (one being the first draft of my senior thesis that still only has five pages) and I have to plan a retreat out for my fraternity since that's my job as VP of Membership. This past weekend I was supposed to finish my Teach For America application. I got stuck on the letter of intent that's got to be 500 words. These are the times when I wish I had taken those micro-essays in my Women of Western Africa class more serious. 500 words is nothing to me when it's not a homework assignment! I have so many things to say, but putting it in that few words is hard. I also need a resume so I can get these letters of recommendation. Why in the hell don't I have a resume and I'm about to graduate? It's f*cking depressing. I'm so behind I feel. I am behind. Resume writing should be a high school class, like seriously. If I do end up teaching my students will learn all about that...once I learn.
About this job...I can't go back to the movies you guys. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, but I just don't want to end up "stuck." I'm only saying that because I have a tendency to get very content with certain things and I don't want that to happen. I enjoyed the job my first and second year (partially my third and dreaded it my fourth), but the fifth year would be absolutely painful. I can just see myself doing the bare minimum and complaining every second of it. Anyone from my job reading this don't judge me. I'll take just about anything at this point that isn't fast food, prostitution, or selling drugs. I've had a job since I came to college (playing the piano once a month in high school doesn't count) and I just can't fathom the idea of not having my own money flow in. I know there's a lot out there for me to do, but it's just a matter of figuring it out. Exactly why I should have gone to the career center on campus. How do I get a job with Pixar to do voice over work is my question. I'm pretty sure another Black princess is on the way or another Black sidekick. If all else fails being best friends with Kim Kardashian might have to suffice, but I believe I need to be more fashionable and in shape first.
Friday, October 26, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- Oh my GAWD no school today because it's Fall Break a.k.a. The Day 90% of the Campus Was Going To Skip In Order To See UGA Play Florida. I'll be in Athens bored and doing work*.
- Justin Timberlake got married. *sigh* It seems like that's another childhood fantasy that I can mark off of my list. He was my first vanilla crush and I'll always cherish that about him.
- Three people have turned me down to be my semi-formal date. I obviously need to be prettier or something because this is just depressing.
- Somebody tried to say that Beyonce's career was over because she's going to perform at the Superbowl. I almost punched that person's head off, but lucky for them I have self-control.
- Got two of the cutest pairs of shows at Target. Now if only I hadn't spent $53 in total getting them and a dress. I'm cheap so that's a lot to me.
- I miss my tv ya'll. I feel so damn out of the loop without it.
- I need a new hairstyle. I'm tired of these damn twist and semi-looking like a crackhead.
- Taylor Swift and her Kennedy boyfriend have ended things I heard. I'm guessing "We're Never Getting Back Together" was somewhat of an omen for him. If not he should prepare to have a song released about him very soon. #TaylorSwiftBoyfriendProblems
- My boyfriend took the jacket he gave me. I'm up here freezing without it. I can't stand Indian Givers I swear ya'll. I hope he's reading this too.
- Bath and Body Works is having a sale. I had a coupon to get an item for free with the purchase of $10 or more and behold the stuff I was going to get was 50% off. Now I small like French desserts. Yummy
- I've been letting my nails grow far longer than they should be. It's a weird feeling because ever since 8th grade I have made sure these things are nice and trimmed. Now they're just growing out with no purpose.
- I've been super lazy this week. No $1 Ab classes for me at all and I feel chubbier already.
- I'm looking at Jessica Biel's wedding dress. Who gets married in a damn pink dress? I sense a Nas type album from JT in the future when they get divorced. He can have the pink dress across his lap the same way Nas had that green dress.
- I'm interested in doing voice over work for cartoons so if you know someone looking for the perfect voice to bring life to their character tell them to look my way.
- Why is Lenny Kravitz so fine?
- Damn this lotion smells good. Damn I smell good.
- I wish I had smaller boobs. These things just jiggle and I feel awkward when I'm in just plain white t-shirts.
Friday, October 19, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- OMG it's the weekend you guys! *drops to knees and begins to cry* Thank ya Jesus!
- So I just read an article about a teacher in D.C. sleeping with a 17 year old student from another school and getting pregnant by him. In addition to that the lady was going to his house for freaking holiday dinners. (1) The boy was 17. I don't condone this activity, but could she not wait until he was 18? Was this 17 year old just that irresistible to her that she was willing to risk being labeled a sex offender? (2) Why didn't she use a condom with him? The article said they had sex like everyday so I'm assuming that after the second time she said don't worry about wrapping it up. (3) WHY IN THE HELL DID HIS MOM NOT SAY ANYTHING?! No way my child's GROWN FEMALE TEACHER would be coming over eating turkey and dressing like it was a normal day.
- White girls walking around New York wearing big black afros to fried chicken events has become the latest craze. Don't believe me? Look here. This sh*t would not fly in the south ya'll and the fact that she doesn't think anything is wrong with her actions is crazy. After all the controversy she decided to fix the problem by getting a BLONDE wig.
- I only watched part of the debate, but Mitt Romney is giving me the wrong vibe about Mormons. My co-worker is Mormon and he's so nice. Mitt what is wrong with you?!
- BEYONCE IS PERFORMING AT THE SUPERBOWL! GIT YO LIFE!!!!
- I really want Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to break up. I just don't like her style anymore and I think it's because of him.
- My experience at Boy Scout camp was an interesting one to say the least. A lot of these older Boy Scouts are interesting to say the least.
- I had the pleasure of having an interesting conversation with some of my APO peeps about strip clubs. I'm sure they all think I'm odd because of it, but oh well.
- My friend and I are starting a blog called Two Bad B*tches. I'm sure some of ya'll are like "WTF?!" but the point is to have a catchy title. It's catchy...right?
- I love how my Mom calls me to help her with a computer that I've never used.
- Graduation is approaching so you know what that means: GRADUATION WEAVE!
Friday, October 12, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- This past weekend had to be the hardest one on my life. I lost my wallet with my debit card, license, and student id. You can't get any of those three things w/o having one of the other. You can't get a student id with a debit card or license, you can't get a debit card w/o some form of identification, and the license...well I ordered that online but who knows if I'll get it with all the changes they made to getting one in the state of Georgia. A week later someone did turn it into though. Very happy about that.
- On a brighter note my parents sent me a little cash.
- The weather is dropping here and that means it's time to turn on the heat...unless you're my roommate. Sunday night I heard her get up and turn the air on which made me wake up from my sleep. I stared right at her and resisted every urge not to say, "What are you doing?" I'm sure that would have scared her.
- I made Twerk Team shirts with one of my friends for our pole dancing class. Now er'body want one.
- Speaking of pole dancing, it just made me realize even more why I'm in school.
- I need to get my life together guys!
- I'm ready to pick up and move to Brooklyn. I need a temporary change of scenery from the South.
- I've watched this Forever Young performance of Jay-Z and Beyonce from Jigga's Barclays concert about 50 times I swear.
- Why don't ya'll comment on my blog? Am I not good enough for ya'll? What is it?!?!?!?!
- I can' wait to get married/find a Stedman (long term boyfriend) simply so we can go around with our group of friends doing adult ish. "Adult-ish" meaning travel to different countries and other stuff that I imagine adults do like pick up and go to Miami for the weekend.
- I'm going camping this weekend. I keep hollering out, "Adventure is out there!"
- I just watched the video of the bus driver upper cutting the female passenger that was cursing him out every type of way. All I can say is, "Damnnnnnnnnn."
- I didn't watch the EBT BET Hip Hop Awards, but I'm pretty sure they're still upset about the Tupac hologram not making its debut on their show.
- I swear I'm never gonna get a break. I have a take home test for one of my history classes and it's a 7-8 page paper. Sir what?
|Not a funny picture, but I'm sure people still think this way.|
Friday, October 5, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- This has been a week from hell I swear! I've had to turn four, yes FOUR, papers in this week. I take a total of six classes so you do the math on that one.
- Speaking of classes I got in trouble a la kindergarten style for talking too much in one of my classes. My friend and I were separated. This is my college life.
- Tonight its about to go down. *Kevin Hart voice* Me and some the girls from my service frat are hitting up a pole dancing class. This song will be in my head all night in preparation.
- Speaking of this event, everyone wants to be on APO Twerk Team. It doesn't work that way boo boo.
- I'm about to start selling my lady eggs off for some money ya'll. You get paid $5000 for that mess. Therefore I'd have to donate about eight to pay off my student loan debt. #TheStruggleIsReal
- The Jewish community has had a hard life for centuries ya'll. Please hug any Jewish person you know and tell them you love 'em.
- This school is trying to give me six tickets for graduation. How much money did I pay ya'll again?
- I will be raffling those tickets off to four family members who donate the most money to my student loan payment. My parents get tickets by default.
- I'm super behind, but this Dear White People trailer is hilarious. I want my $5.50 back for Red Tails personally.
- The John Legend concert that my boyfriend and I planned on attending has been postponed. I'm convinced that God never wants me to see John Legend because even when he came to my school the tickets sold out when I was going to get one. *shakes fists at the heavens*
- Chris Brown and his girlfriend (whose name nobody can spell without Googling it) have officially broken up. I think we can all say we saw that one coming. I'm pretty sure Breezy has been blowing Rihanna's back out for a few weeks.
- These Sesame Street memes are hilarious man.
- Screw Well's Fargo and their insensitive business. I lost my wallet with EVERYTHING in it, including my ATM card, and as I'm talking to the agent she starts trying to get me to sign-up for some damn program. I was two seconds away from losing my composure.