- This is the last day of Black History Month. Now I have to find a new excuse for why I can say whatever I want to those of the paler, European complexion.
- Saturday at young adult Bible study we focused on relationships: friendships and dating. This girl said when a woman comes over to a man's house he shouldn't be in basketball shorts and a t-shirt because it presents temptations. I was kind of lost as to why basketball shorts were such a temptation (Maybe because they slip off easily?). Then someone else said the guy should at least have on sweatpants. First thought in my mind was, "That's even worse because you'll see the print of it." I didn't say that out loud though. Then they said make sure you have jeans with a belt on. My thought of that was, "If I want to get to it I will. Doesn't matter what you have on." I don't engage in those activities though but I am able to apply my critical thinking skills to anything.
- I have so many coupons for money off at these stores with cute clothes. Jesus be a financial advisor.
- I'm waiting on consistent warm weather. My legs are dying to be out.
- I need to start lifting weight just in cases a need to drag someone. Drag is code for beat the crap out of them.
- *Looks in the mail for wedding invites.* Why aren't any of ya'll about to jump the broom?! I'm friends with the wrong people obviously.
- I'm just one paper, two revisions, two observations, and a portfolio away from getting out of this program. Lord Jesus let me be patient.
- Whenever I have a child I hope it's like a Ginger but Black.
- Ugh a rueben, strawberry feta salad, and triple berry zinger from ECV would be so good right now.
- "This ain't yo f*ckin' house! You rent this muthaf*cka!"-Brandi from Basketball Wives LA. Chileeee
- As much as these kids call each other "nigga" you would assume it were on their birth certificates.
- Mary Jane has TERRIBLE friends! I mean absolutely, TERRIBLE!!! Not one, but TWO friends, tell her to go visit the houses of men who are in relationship already.
- I've clocked out of work after what happened this week. I just...I can't.
- I see they're trying to hide that baby bump that Kerry Washington has. Olivia is slaying in the coats.
- Kindergartners out here "having sex" in the bathroom. SMH
Friday, February 28, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
Friday, February 21, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- Saw a pretty Michael Kors bag. Then I saw the price. It ain't worth it. No time soon at least.
- The moment when you want to take a nap but have to wait for a package to be delivered...the struggle is real.
- I saw a mint colored pair of shoes at Target. I need to go get them but at the same time I want to save my money. *sigh* The life of being an adult.
- My Mom is quick to tell folks I'm grown when. This man who was doing something to the vents in our house called me "young thing" or something like that and in like 0.0001 seconds my Mom was like, "She's grown! She's not young!" Well dang!
- The moment you see a dress you like online but then look at the price. This seems to be the theme for the week or should I say my whole life. Yes, I am cheap.
- Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club is coming out. Wonder how this one will be different.
- The moment you go to someone's house and The Walking Dead comes on. #SittingHereLookingSalty #WeDidWatchTwoHoursOfAHS
- Jesus Christ be some coconut oil and a Tylenol. These braids are so tight right now but my beautician Candace hooked me up as usual.
- Barberitos disappointed me during $5 Monday. My black beans were burnt and I could taste it. I couldn't even finish my burrito. Made me want to cry.
- Speaking of bad food, I had the worst Krystal's in my life. The hot sign was on but the burgers I got were cold and looked old. Plus the fries were cold.
- I'm just gonna start walking around saying #TeamThickness. Then maybe, just maybe, my hopes of looking like Buffy the Body below the waist will happen. If not physically, mentally.
- Tyrese's Lately has been stuck in my head. Now I'll be walking around working singing it...along with a 100 other songs. #HumanPandora
- I want to go to New Orleans so bad. It's ridiculous.
- My Facebook page has been overflowing with post about why you should wait for it before marriage. Either people were super tempted this Valentine's Day with their significant other and want to remind themselves that they need to hold out a little longer, or people caved in on Valentine's Day and are trying to do some weird psychological trick on themselves.
- Lolo Jones has moved on to bobsledding. This girl wants a medal so bad but it's just not happening it seems. The issue might be that she just needs to just give it up.
- I'm getting somewhat tired of Being Mary Jane. Like we all know that she's gonna keep going back to this man. I'm also getting tired of these I Am Mary Jane...commercials. Like why would you even want to say you're like her? You can't say you're like her because she's confident. Why? Because confident women don't have to sleep with married men. They can find their own. That's my personal opinion though.
- Somebody in this house ate my last bag of kettle corn popcorn. This is not okay. Like seriously.
- I think I'm having a slight case of baby fever. It's scary and so not me. I think I've seen too many cute kids lately.
- This lady I work with swears up and down I have a line of men waiting to talk to me. That's never been a case in this life. Maybe it was in my previous one.
Friday, February 14, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- Started my week off by getting flowers at work. Peruvian lilies to be exact. Why is this important? Because I mentioned how pretty I thought lilies were and it shows that someone is listening. Kudos
- I see Future is on Single Ladies tryna get a check for his child support payments for his three other baby mamas, excludes Ciara. Get them checks boo!
- Pinch & Pull sure does deliver its product fast. Ordered on Saturday and got it on Monday.
- When most of my students try to get on each other about what they wear...my first thought it always, "Most of ya'll have no room to say anything."
- Pretty sure this girl in my class has a Catfish type of relationship going on. I asked her about where her boyfriend goes to school at and she says, "I don't know. It ain't important." I guess my city will be on MTV soon.
- Walked into class and heard a kid talking about how he was gonna be fresh once that income tax check came in. I tell ya...
- Accomplished my goal of going to Hooters finally! The wings really weren't all of that. Now I know people only go to see the T & A because ain't nothing spectacular about those wings and plus a tiny cup of extra dressing is $0.89. The Devil is a lie!
- What is up with these chicks on Love & Hip Hop carrying around their pregnancy tests? Like seriously...that's nasty. It's pee on a stick. Take a picture of that mess and just send it to the baby daddy.
- This NBA All-Star commercial with Pharrell is cute.
- All snowed in, or should I say iced in, for two days this week. Gives me time to read and catch up on work. The question is, will I do it?
- I donated $20 to my school. Maybe this will increase my chances of getting alumni tickets come football season.
- Cable, internet, and land line went out in my house for like two days. It got real when my Dad said, "What am I supposed to do?" Like dang you can't talk to your wife and daughter for the time being?!
- My Dad asked if I thought he was romantic. I didn't tell the truth out of fear of hurting his feelings.
- Everytime I listen to Jhene Aiko I think about how I thought her career was over after B2K broke up. She proved me wrong.
- I finished reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho. That book went downhill after she met that painter. I give it 3 out of 5.
- Found out this guy I used to "talk to" (If I can even call it that seeing how he annoyed me and the one time I went out with him was with other people) is engaged. *Kanye shrug*
- Watched Free Angela and All Political Prisoners and Hidden Colors while the cable was out. I recommend everyone watch those two documentaries, especially if you are a person of color. Really got me thinking.
- Well we had an earthquake in my city. I can't wait to share my story with my friends.
Friday, February 7, 2014
It's Friday, so you know the deal...
- I've gotta get out of this house. Like it's too many adults in this house but the thought of paying a butt load of bills on my current salary doesn't sit well with me.
- Everytime I hear Katy Perry's Dark Horse I think of pole dancing and twerking for some reason.
- I had a conference with a parent this week. My main concern? What can I wear to look fabulous as I make an example of someone? #MyrtleSnowStatus
- Heard some students talking about gonorrhea and how you get it from having sex with a person whose infected from AIDS. I was going to say something until they said they learned it in health class. I stepped back after that.
- One week before Valentine's Day. All secret admirers can send gifts to my job.
- If you know where I work and are a secret admirer you actually may be a stalker when I think about it.
- I think Bruno Mars's back-up singers got more shine than Kelly and Michelle got last year when they performed with Beyonce. #ItAintShadeIfItsTheTruth
- I'm going to see Outkast perform. I just thought I should let ya'll know.
- Erica Mena's boobs looked like they were about to pop out in that red dress during this Love & Hip Hop Reunion.
- Mary Jane is just oh so content being the side chick. Do you boo but he's not leaving his wife for you.
- Can we just jump to my third or fourth year of teaching where I'm a pro at classroom management? Like is that a possibility?
- I need another three days out of school so I can finish reading my book.
- Just discovered we have a day out this month. #Winning
- New shoes and that dress
that I've been waiting on for like a yearcame in the mail today.
- I had a conference call for my program. It was recommended to use yoga balls with my students to help calm them down in class because they have to concentrate in order to sit on the balls. That's a big HELL NAW to that idea. I can only imagine the disasters that would occur with that. Students throwing them across the room or popping them. No way, no how.
- Is it summer yet?
- I've found myself having to hold my tongue quite frequently. I might snap one day.
- I want to go back to Athens simply so I can get around to trying Mama's Boy.
- Is there a difference between listening to your parent and listening to another adult? I had a brief discussion of that with a coworker who I guess felt like kids should be more willing to listen to other adults than their parents. Of course it all depends on the student.
- How is Farrah in couples therapy by herself? Someone please tell me.
- Finally found out what type of sneakers all the boys at school are wearing, KDs. They're actually really cute shoes. I wouldn't mind a pair but I don't want my feet looking long in a pair of men's shoes.
So I’ve been texting this guy and I can already tell it ain’t gonna work out. For those of you who know me I’m really not attached to my phone. Sometimes I let it die because there too many other things I’m doing—movies, reading, outside, work. Anyway, he eluded to the fact that I didn’t text him back fast enough. Nigga bye! No explanation needed, I am not here to text you back in record time. Besides I was work.
Next we were talking about webseries and sense of humor. Great! A commonality! Maybe we can really get this conversation going. He says he would like to suggest one for me to watch. I say, “sure, what is it.” He bullshits around and comes back with, ” well, I’m not sure if you’ll like it. I don’t know your sense of humor.” I tell him it can be dry sometimes. He bullshits some more and long story short he says” well I’m not going to recommend it anymore” Me? I’m just thinking like why did we just have this fucking conversation? That time could have been spent on Pinterest doing something worthwhile.
How fucking hard is it to say, “Go to Youtube and search blah, blah, blah.” I don’t have time for poor communicators.
Besides…he passed a judgement right out the box. On to the next.
Monday, February 3, 2014
Often in conversation with girlfriends or on the first or second date or at some point in life we’ve all discussed what we want in a significant other. I’ve decided to share a few of my non-negotiables. Before long this list is just going to say male and penis.
- Similar sense of humor
- Gentleman- I don’t mind if you open the car and restaurant door every once in a while.
- Financially stable; able to manage money but not a cheap a$$
- Passionate- In the sack and in general.
- Educated— You don’t have to have a doctorate degree but if you just graduated from high school, barely and are working a waged job… just no. See above.
- Adventurous to an extent; I don’t want a f**king couch potato
- Able to communicate well
- Emotionally and physically available
- Hobbies- I don’t want you riding my f**king grill all the time. Find your own sh*t to do. And I’m not talking the bar and club every Friday, Saturday, and Thursday nights.