- Jose, if you're reading this today feel special.
- I haven't washed my hair in like two weeks. I feel like I'm dying a slow and dirty death whenever I scratch my scalp. These twist still look good though.
- Miguel has a song out called "Pussy Is Mine." I'm not even going to lie. I love this song. Judge me all you want. Here's the live version too.
- With that said I'm slowly starting to think that Miguel could get it. Judge me all you want. *files finger nails*
- So I finally saw this new Sparkle. I wasn't that impressed honestly. The music was good although the girl's voice who played Sister had to grow on me. I found the original online and wasn't that impressed with it either.
- S/O to Mimi from Love & Hip Hop Atlanta going on a rant about how every "b*tch" has been cheated on the only exception is her ish was on tv. Although that is true to an extent Mimi is forgetting the fact that she stayed around even though she's really the side chick and just doesn't realize it.
- I finally get to go home and see my family and boyfriend this weekend for Labor Day. :-D
- I've noticed that my desire to be engaged goes up when I return back to school. I hate it because I know good and well I'm not ready for marriage.
- To the boy who sits behind me in my History 3072 class please STFU or I'll shut your dumb behind up.
- Anybody know where I can buy a fake nose ring?
- Working out is getting a little better if you all cared. My Black Men's Magazine body will be here before you know it. *looks at butt* Well all my photos will have to focus on the front of my body.
- I wouldn't mind going to the batting cage to be honest right now. I kind of wish I were on a softball team.
- Dear GOP, I don't care if Mitt Romney's wife's song was The Temptations "My Girl." Its freakin' 2012 not 1960. It shouldn't be that big a deal that her song is a performed by a Black group unless we're over here talking about freakin' G.O.O.D. Music or 2 Chainz.
- The real world is slowly creeping on me. *bites finger nails*
- Rihanna posted a photo wearing a necklace that said "Fuck You." I want one.
- These girls in my suite better start getting their hair out of the shower before I go Incredible Angry Black Woman on their behinds.
Friday, August 31, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
Friday, August 24, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- I'm really neglecting the three subscribers that I have...lol. Sorry ya'll school and stuff is taking all my time.
- Oh I'd like to say that my third subscriber is my boyfriend. Thanks for following me FINALLY. Its not like I've had this blog since May or anything.
- Samuel L. Jackson was at UGA today. -____- Thanks for calling me up Sam. I thought we were better than that.
- My Mom just sent me a picture of my cousin's baby. My reply, "He looks like one of the baby birds...lol. They were cute though so this is a good thing." I swear to ya'll people's kids always look like animals to me for some reason. Watch my kid comes out looking like a hyena or some crap.
- Just a warning for ya'll, bingo at the nursing home is INTENSE. I had one lady start telling another lady to be quiet and then she proceeded to tell me she was going to shoot her next time. I'm pretty sure she's the person who the term "original gangsta" is speaking of.
- One of my goals for this semester is to get toned up. I'm going to do it. Just mark my words.
- *looks at play that I need to read for tomorrow and continues typing*
- I've missed out on Love & Hip Hop Atlanta for two weeks. I NEED MY RATCHETNESS!!!! *starts scratching myself like a junkie*
- When in the hell is Justin Timberlake coming out with another cd?!
- Can somebody please tell Teyana Taylor's irrelevant behind to go sit down with this whole she was the girl who started the sexy tomboy look back up again? Plenty of REGULAR girls have been doing that before you did so shut up.
- I watched Trey Songz's "Hail Mary" video. Yeahhhhh...this dude needs to take a break and come back with some GOOD music. I get tired of feeling like I'm about to have him climb out of the tv or my headphones to rape me.
- I still can't get over Gabby Douglas's new Indian Remy. Ish looks gooooood.
- I gave Twitter up. I guess this means I have to actually talk to people now. O_O
- Bandz will not make me dance. Sorry Juicy J.
Friday, August 17, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- This was my first week of my last semester of undergrad *fingers crossed* I'm already starting to wonder if I've taken on too much, but I have faith that I'll be able to do it.
- Speaking of my first day of classes I overslept for my ONLY Tuesday class. I was beyond missed so I had to go out and buy a clock from Target. Its pretty dope if I may say. The screen is multicolored so it isn't your typical green or red colored screen.
- Gabby Douglas got a makeover...which is very odd to me. I mean I know The Olympics are over so she doesn't have to walk around with that ponytail or whatever, but accepting some brand new Remy kind of sends the message to me that maybe she really thought something was wrong with her hair or she let the people get to her. Nonetheless it looks good.
- I'm taking jogging class this semester. We had to run a mile and a half on Wednesday. I did a mile which I did fairly easy without stopping too much. I just knew that I wasn't going to be able to be to that half a mile though. #JesusBeSomeMuchNeededStrengthAndExtraOxgen.
- I'm starting to feel like I have nothing going on in my life because I'm struggling to think of something else to write...
- Oh yeah...I've already decided that I'm going to ask my family members to give me financial gifts for graduation (do you get gifts for college graduation?) They can all go ahead and write that $50 check to the government for my loans. Of course gifts of $100 are accepted.
- I learned in acting class today that I would be killed very easily. SMH...no wonder why my parents shielded me so much as a child. They knew.
- Sooooo about this whole thing between Chad Johnson and Eveyln. I can't feel one ounce of pity for her a$$ because she never felt any pity for all the folks that she harassed on Basketball Wives be it through throwing wine bottles, running across tables, or threatening to slap the person up. Karma is b**** huh?
- Is it just me or has my liking of Kim Kardashian's style greatly decreased since she started dating Kanye West? Like I used to LOVE everything she wore. Lately when they're together I'm just like, "Blah."
- Chris Paul is fine. That is all.
- The Spice Girls performed at the closing ceremony. God is good.
|If Fox News covered the Civil Rights Movement.|
Monday, August 13, 2012
So I'm sitting here writing this little blog entry the day before my first day for my last semester here at the University of Georgia. Oddly enough I feel like it's my first day for my freshman year all over again for some reason. The closer it came to moving back to Athens the more emotional I found myself about leaving my home in Augusta. This is what I prefer to call my four and half year here at UGA because the plan isn't to stay a whole year as I'm on course to graduate in December *fingers crossed.* While I'm sure some people are wondering why I'm so nervous when I've been here that long I feel like I have plenty of reasons to be. You see when I graduated from high school I knew that I would be attending UGA so my only worries were would I like my roommate (I did although it took sometime as we were both quiet), would I make tons of lifelong friends (I didn't as I was too shy and found myself either going to class, eating alone, or being in my room), partying my life away (I didn't), and whether my high school boyfriend and I would make it (We didn't). Three major changes, heartbreak, new love, the transition of having chemical free hair, and many other changes I have found myself at this point: The end.
This being my last SEMESTER the future looks extremely uncertain to me. I have no clue if I'll find a job and with the changes I have heard about to the grace period for student loans it scares me. I keep telling myself that I don't want to return back to Augusta to work at the movies, not because I view it as being beneath me, but due to the fact that I always envisioned that I would start my career off right after college. I mean that's the dream that our high school guidance counselors pretty much preach to us when it comes time to take the SATs and apply to college. Sadly that doesn't happen for many of us. I've been thinking about attending grad school as my ultimate education goal is to attain my doctorate, even if I'm 100 years old, but I'm starting to question what do I want to do. Mainly I know I want to help others, particularly children/young adults. I've thought about obtaining my Master's of Art in Teaching, but I want to do a test run first which has led me to apply for Teach for America and City Year. A major issue of mine since coming to college has been a fear of rejection. I attend a huge university and there are many opportunities to obtain leadership, but I've always felt as if I was at the bottom of the barrel because my grades are mediocre and I just felt like I'd never get whatever it was that I wanted to do. Now that it's almost time to pack up and go I've realized that I've handicapped myself sort of. I pretty much made things to were I wouldn't have to deal with rejection and that's probably something I needed. What I'm getting at is I'm afraid to even apply to these programs out of fear getting told that I'm not wanted. Oddly enough my Mom recently said my constant fears and not wanting to conquer them would lead me to this point.
Maybe its just cliche, but I really do feel like my life has a bigger purpose than what I'm told (A 9-5 with a 401k plan and a nice corner office overlooking the city as I donate thousands of dollars to my old university.) The only issue is I just don't know what it is right now and I feel like I should. Matters only get worse when I'm the first person in my household to graduate college and both of my parents are preaching to me about how they want me to be successful in life. So just like every other kid, no matter how old, you want to make your parents proud. Regardless here's to a great final semester filled with many memories, sweat, and tears both good and bad.
Friday, August 10, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- Well my summer officially comes to an end this Sunday with school starting on Monday. I swear time has flown by this summer. I pray that in four months I'll be informing of ya'll of my graduation. *fingers crossed*
- Speaking of school, I moved in to my dorm Wednesday. I swear it is the smallest thing ever ya'll! Like in my four years of going to UGA I have never had a room this size. There are three bedrooms with a living room, a full bathroom and a half bathroom. If you go to UGA it's designed kind of like ECV, but imagine sharing a room. Hell naw
- Have ya'll heard the interview of Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells? While I primarily understand Dawn's anger about the situation both failed to realize that was the time or place to try and shade their TEAMMATE. It actually just heps Lolo because in the end the U.S. loves the victim (for the most part) just as much as the pretty girl.
- The birds that have been living in our plant have flown away. I got up this morning to see a bird struggling to fly out and looked up to see they were all gone. The day before I saw one peaking out to look at me, but hiding right when I looked at the nest. I was lucky enough to see two of them who flew back and chirped loud enough for me to go see them below the nest and flying off.
- To the Georgia Board of Regents you all can suck it in regards to the renaming of Augusta State and Georgia Health & Sciences. Georgia Regents University had to be the worst thing ever.
- So I'm in love with Frank Ocean's song "Pyramids" even though it's like 10 minutes long. I love how the subject and beat of the song change at the half way through.
- After attending church on Sunday I've concluded, thanks to the the pastor, that the only way for me to change things is if I really want to do it. I know everyone is probably like, "Duh!" but sometimes its harder than it sounds. "Change has to come from inside of you or else you will go back to your ways." Shout out to Rev. Hogan.
- Hey Jamie Nieto...Holla at ya girl! No, not really.
- Shout out to Serena Williams for hitting that C-Walk. I ain't mad at ya girl. *joins in*
- Jamaica just said "Eff ya'll" to all the men who competed in the 200 meter event. They took gold, silver, and bronze. *drops head*
- I've concluded that Mimi from Love & Hip Hop Atlanta is just content with having a piece of a man because there is no way my boyfriend/father of my child would be running around with his jump off/the chick he got pregnant like she lets Stebbie J do with Jose a.k.a. Joseline.
|Everytime I see this picture I flatline....lol.|
Monday, August 6, 2012
If you all don't know I order Curlformers last Sunday and received them on Thursday if I remember correctly. After seeing all the results and looking for something new I decided I would make the $32.75 purchase for 36 long and narrow Curlformers from ebay. When I received them in the mail I noticed that the seller sent me two packs of 36, but with these things coming from Puerto Rico and this being their mistake
I pre-pooed my hair with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner, shampooed with Suave Clarifying Shampoo, conditioned with that same Herbal Essence conditioner, and deep conditioned with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle I put my hair into big twist to help hold some of the water in plus I knew it would make things easier for me as this is a process that requires clean hair parts. Oh yeah, my leave-in conditioner of choice was Kinky Curly Knot Today followed by a Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Coconut mix to seal the moisture in.
|All 72 Curlformers that I received.|
|This was around 3:00 A.M.|
|Don't let the smile fool you. I was pissed off and tired by this time. I honestly would have quit at 10 o'clock had my boyfriend not begged me to finish them.|
|Obviously I'm in my junky room.|
Friday, August 3, 2012
It's Friday so you know the deal...
- Finally saw Rock of Ages...glad I (well my boyfriend) only paid $1.99 for it although we could have saw it for free when it first came out. The story line was...ehhh. The chick from Dancing With the Stars has an interesting voice, as in the tweeking to it was decent. It was cool to see Tom Cruise out of his element though.
- Umm I just want to say I love the coupons I just used at Victoria's Secret recent. Six sexy pairs for $17.
- Why did I see a girl who couldn't have been any older than 8 with a full sew-in weave? Invisible part and all. I don't care how damn bald your child is there is a limit to the weave that your child can put in. You better put some braids in or something.
- Although I made a blog about my Chick-fil-A I just want to say this. Dan Cathy has the right to believe in whatever he wants. Everyone who disagrees with his statement have the right to speak out against it and protest. At the same time to all those Christians who are saying God hates gay people I advise you to be quiet unless you're the VP of PR for God, Inc. and reread your Bible as God hates no one. Also at the same time people who disagree with him can't get upset over him doing the same thing that you're doing: speaking out for what you believe in.
- USA men's basketball team just beat Nigeria 156-73. This is not life ya'll.
- So I ordered some Curlformers online. 36 of them for $32.75. I got the package today, well two envelopes, and take them out to look at them. Between the two packages I had six bags so I figured I needed to count them to make sure I got my monies worth. I start counting and notice one individual bag holds twelve. I thought I was imaging things, but nope I had a total of 72. I ain't mad. *puts sunglasses on and leans back in chair*
- Okay, this Gabby chick that they have horribly named "The Flying Squirrel." There has been a lot of controversy surrounding her hair, but lets be honest...she's 16 and winning gold medals for her country. Serena and Venus have been in the game like 16 years and still walking around here with the cheap weave you buy at Walmart. Let Gabby be.
- Moonrise Kingdom=AWESOME!!!
- I'm listening to Stevie Wonder as I type this. I wonder how much it would cost to have him sing at my wedding.
- Who is this Ryan Lochte fellow? He's FINEEEEE!
- Summer is coming to a end and I've yet to lose any weight. Jesus be some liposuction.
- I accidentally told my boyfriend's mom to be quiet today. She just about chopped me in my throat ya'll...or that's what she wanted to do as I sat in fear. Just so everybody knows I was playing Dance Dance Revolution and I get very flustered easily and I have a tendency to tell people to be quiet or shush them. Yeah