Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

How To Be A Housewife: Corn Pudding


Corn Pudding, circa Jan. 2015

 I haven't done one of my How To Be A Housewife blogs in awhile...obviously it's not working for me because I'm still slaving at the school house instead of being taken care by a rich sugar daddy.  Anyways, back in January for New Year's I was given the task of cooking corn pudding by The Giver of Life a.k.a. Mom.  During the two weeks we're out of school for Christmas I'm generally in a great mood and don't mind cooking so yeah.  My Mom has been making this since I was a kid and I've always enjoyed it.  I'm not sure if it's healthy but it taste good!

Ingredients...with homemade sour cream since we didn't have any.


Ingredients:  
1-15 oz. can whole kernel corn
1-15 oz. can creamed corn
1 cup of sour cream or oleo as the recipe calls it
2 eggs, beaten
Stick (1/2 cup) of butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
8 1/2 oz. box of Jiffy corn muffin mix


How To Prepare:
1.  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Soften, not melt, your stick of butter in the microwave.
3.  Beat eggs as if you are making scrambling eggs.
4.  Mix all of the ingredients together.  Pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan.
5.  Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until fork comes out clean from the center.


Crappy shot but all the ingredients in one bowl.

Spatula courtesy of my coworker/mentor who was also my Secret Santa.

Clean bowl



All ready for the oven!
Excuse the appearance of our freezer.

Finished product
Sorry it doesn't look like something Step Curry's wife made with the presentation and all.


Since I haven't posted anything in awhile I'm going to try and post the HOMEMADE red velvet cake a did despite the icing ruining all of my hard work.  This summer I'm also hoping to try some new things out since I have a little more time despite my second summer class happening and having to work these next few days.  See ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Ramblings