Provolone or Mozzarella slices (whichever type of cheese you like)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees (Fahrenheit).
2. Wash your eggplant off and cut into slices. I'm not going to say cut 3/4 inch slices because lets be honest, you won't use a ruler and the slices won't come out perfect. I managed to get 10 slices out of the eggplant I had.
3. On a pizza tray, or whatever oven safe dish you have, brush each side of your eggplant slices with olive oil. Sprinkle salt (I used sea salt), black pepper, and oregano onto one side of each slice.
|Brush with olive oil and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and oregano.|
5. Remove your tray and place a spoon of marinara sauce over each slice. Place one slice of cheese over each eggplant slice. (Originally I was going to use shredded mozzarella but discovered I magically had 10 slices of provolone left over.) Place spinach on top of each slice or whatever veggie you would like.
|Notice that I could only fit 6 slices on my pizza tray.|
6. Bake for 10 more minutes.
7. Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
|Final result! They were really good!!!|
Like I stated earlier, this was my first time eating eggplant so I really did not know how it would react after being cooked for a certain amount of time. I cooked mine for a total of 18 minutes and had to eat them with a fork and knife because the eggplant doesn't hold up like a slice of real pizza. You can hold it with your hand pretty much, but I didn't want to risk getting marinara sauce all over me #TeamBougie. Perhaps if I had cooked it for a little less time the eggplant would have been a bit firmer, but regardless it was still good...like I keep emphasizing.