Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

What Am I Doing With My Life?!

My life is in shambles you guys!  I have four more weeks of school left and I've yet to get a job lined up following graduation nor have I finished any of my applications.  What am I doing with myself like seriously?  It seems like everything is just coming at me all at once.  Within two weeks I have three papers due (one being the first draft of my senior thesis that still only has five pages) and I have to plan a retreat out for my fraternity since that's my job as VP of Membership.  This past weekend I was supposed to finish my Teach For America application.  I got stuck on the letter of intent that's got to be 500 words.  These are the times when I wish I had taken those micro-essays in my Women of Western Africa class more serious.  500 words is nothing to me when it's not a homework assignment!  I have so many things to say, but putting it in that few words is hard.  I also need a resume so I can get these letters of recommendation.  Why in the hell don't I have a resume and I'm about to graduate?  It's f*cking depressing.  I'm so behind I feel.  I am behind.  Resume writing should be a high school class, like seriously.  If I do end up teaching my students will learn all about that...once I learn.

About this job...I can't go back to the movies you guys.  I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, but I just don't want to end up "stuck."  I'm only saying that because I have a tendency to get very content with certain things and I don't want that to happen.  I enjoyed the job my first and second year (partially my third and dreaded it my fourth), but the fifth year would be absolutely painful.  I can just see myself doing the bare minimum and complaining every second of it.  Anyone from my job reading this don't judge me.  I'll take just about anything at this point that isn't fast food, prostitution, or selling drugs.  I've had a job since I came to college (playing the piano once a month in high school doesn't count) and I just can't fathom the idea of not having my own money flow in.  I know there's a lot out there for me to do, but it's just a matter of figuring it out.  Exactly why I should have gone to the career center on campus.  How do I get a job with Pixar to do voice over work is my question.  I'm pretty sure another Black princess is on the way or another Black sidekick.  If all else fails being best friends with Kim Kardashian might have to suffice, but I believe I need to be more fashionable and in shape first.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Ramblings