Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Ramblings

It's Friday, so you know the deal...


  • This Give Me Shelter movie looks pretty good.
  • Fruitvale Station was good but not Oscar good.  Ya'll need to calm down with all that mess about it was snubbed.  
  • Playing chess with someone who already knows you can't play is no fun.
  • I'm ready to watch the last episode of American Horror Story:  Murder House so I can start the next season.  I'm addicted.
  • I want a pair of Jordans.  Why?  I don't know.  Probably just to live out that childhood dream but I seriously do need another pair of sneakers.
  • Some of these dudes on Tumblr give women a new type of hope with their back and forth "flirting" with folks that ask questions anonymously.  Like seriously ya'll need to chill before random chicks pop up at your doorstep with a bag full of duct tape and rope.  
  • After two weeks of straight hair it's back to the twists.  See ya again in a year or two precious flat ironed hair.  
  • Shrinkage is a mf'er ya'll!  I had my twists hanging down and looked like a middle school lesbian.
  • Speaking of hair, box braids might be the look for the summer or some part of the school year.  Let me start saving up. #PoeticJustice
  • Lupita Nyong'o is killing the award show fashion.  Like I've yet to see this chick in anything that doesn't look amazing.
  • Why must we continue to push Keke Palmer's singing career?  Just let her act and be pretty.
  • My Mom decided to make chitlins for Tuesday's dinner.  She's so wrong for that.  So, so wrong.
  • Valentine's Day is slowly but surely approaching.  Let me prepare for the influx of gifts from random admirers.  
  • I need new clothes.  
  • I just had the sudden urge for some gold hoop earrings.  Let me go to Target.
  • Watched the first season of American Horror Story:  Murder House.  That last episode had me and friend were like, "When is this going to end?!"  It was so long and drawn out for no good reason!
  • Mary Jane looks like she has a weak <insert what happened at the beginning of the show> game.  She was just chilling.
  • Tax Season is upon us.   Just had a student talk about how she's gonna be coming to work with all brand new clothes and shoes next month.  
  • I think I might invest in some more running shoes with next month's check.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week of Jan. 26-31
  • School was canceled for two three days because of this snow "storm"!!!
  • The downside of this is my seminar for Friday has also been canceled because of the roads.  *sigh*  So much for a one day work week.
  • Watched Captain Phillips with my family.  The entire movie all my Mom could say was, "They need some Black women on this ship."  
  • Kudos to all those teachers in Atlanta who were snowed in with their students.  Lord knows what I would have done if I had to stay with my students overnight.  Probably walked home.  #BadTeacher 
  • Currently reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho.  Pretty good I must say.
  • So happy to be done paying this freaking tuition for my program.  That extra money is gonna come in handy.
  • The dress that I ordered on like January 11 is finally in the country.  It's took forever and a day just for the order to go from "processing" to "packaged."  It better fit when it gets here too.
  • Just realized my package has to go through Atlanta.  Let me prepare for another month of not having this dress.
  • This new heating system in my house is making me sick.  It gets so freaking hot like it's the summer time and it's like no matter what we put the temperature on the upstairs is like a hot summer day.  I just end up sitting here with my fan on sweating bullets.
  • I need to go to Washington D.C. to try some of this jumbo sized pizza from Pizza Mart and Jumbo Slice.  Yes, I want to travel that far simply for some pizza.  Don't judge me.  
  • Wasn't really feeling Beyonce's performance or hair at The Grammy's but oh well.  Her dress was beautiful though.  Let me find one like that.
  • All these engaged people are making me want to vomit.  Too much lovely dovey stuff for me, the girl with no emotions.
  • Ready to go see The Monuments Men.  #HistoryNerd
  • Dad bought me some new boots for my late birthday gift.  Now I have something to wear with those sweater tights.  God is good!
  • I have been having some of the  weirdest dreams lately.  I'll leave it at that.
  • When is Hit The Floor coming back on?!  That was good quality television right there.
  • Bought a new pair of a oxfords from DSW...with a coupon...plus I had free shipping.  I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the money I just spent.
  • My county has called me THREE times to remind me that work resumes Friday.  One call is enough.  The only reason you need to be calling me more than once is to tell me there's no work or you passed a little extra money my way this month.
  • The clips of this Bernice chick from that towing show are so fake to me but oh so funny.
Technically this assignment is a 100.  I'm just saying.

1 comment:

  1. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

Post Your Ramblings