Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Ramblings

It's Friday, so you know the deal...


  • Started my week off by getting flowers at work.  Peruvian lilies to be exact.  Why is this important?  Because I mentioned how pretty I thought lilies were and it shows that someone is listening.  Kudos 
  • I see Future is on Single Ladies tryna get a check for his child support payments for his three other baby mamas, excludes Ciara.  Get them checks boo!
  • Pinch & Pull sure does deliver its product fast.  Ordered on Saturday and got it on Monday.
  • When most of my students try to get on each other about what they wear...my first thought it always, "Most of ya'll have no room to say anything."
  • Pretty sure this girl in my class has a Catfish type of relationship going on.  I asked her about where her boyfriend goes to school at and she says, "I don't know.  It ain't important."  I guess my city will be on MTV soon.
  • Walked into class and heard a kid talking about how he was gonna be fresh once that income tax check came in.  I tell ya...
  • Accomplished my goal of going to Hooters finally!  The wings really weren't all of that.  Now I know people only go to see the T & A because ain't nothing spectacular about those wings and plus a tiny cup of extra dressing is $0.89.  The Devil is a lie!
  • What is up with these chicks on Love & Hip Hop carrying around their pregnancy tests?  Like seriously...that's nasty.  It's pee on a stick.  Take a picture of that mess and just send it to the baby daddy.
  • This NBA All-Star commercial with Pharrell is cute.
  • All snowed in, or should I say iced in, for two days this week.  Gives me time to read and catch up on work.  The question is, will I do it?
  • I donated $20 to my school.  Maybe this will increase my chances of getting alumni tickets come football season.
  • Cable, internet, and land line went out in my house for like two days.  It got real when my Dad said, "What am I supposed to do?"  Like dang you can't talk to your wife and daughter for the time being?!
  • My Dad asked if I thought he was romantic.  I didn't tell the truth out of fear of hurting his feelings.
  • Everytime I listen to Jhene Aiko I think about how I thought her career was over after B2K broke up.  She proved me wrong.
  • I finished reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho.  That book went downhill after she met that painter.  I give it 3 out of 5.
  • Found out this guy I used to "talk to" (If I can even call it that seeing how he annoyed me and the one time I went out with him was with other people) is engaged.  *Kanye shrug*
  • Watched Free Angela and All Political Prisoners and Hidden Colors while the cable was out.  I recommend everyone watch those two documentaries, especially if you are a person of color.  Really got me thinking.
  • Well we had an earthquake in my city.  I can't wait to share my story with my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed that. I like how you used the bullets as opposed to prose. I watched Hidden Colors last night and was enlightened. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post Your Ramblings