Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Attempts: Strawberry Lemonade


Strawberries have to be one of my favorite fruits in the world besides watermelon.  So today as I returned from the mall  and realized that my Mom had gone to the grocery store I decided I wanted to make some strawberry lemonade.  So I did.

What I Used:

  • 2 Lemons
  • 1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • Water
Directions:

  • Cuts lemons in half and wash them.  Squeeze lemon juice in a separate cup.  
  • Cuts tops off strawberries and wash.
  • Place strawberries in a blender, add one cup of water, and puree strawberries with one cup of water in blender.
  • Pour strawberry mix into pitcher.  Add sugar.
  • Pour lemon juice over a sieve into pitcher to get rid of lemon seeds.
  • Add cold water into pitcher until it reaches the two quart line.
  • Stir until sugar dissolves.

Cut lemons in half and wash.

Squeeze lemon juice into a separate cup.

Cut the tops off strawberries, cut in half, and place into a blender.

Add one cup of water to blender.

Puree strawberries.




Pour lemon juice throw a sieve to separate the seeds.  You can do this  with the strawberry mix if you would like to because you'll have a million seeds in there.  Follow this by adding a cup of sugar and stirring it until it dissolves.

My Results:
After pouring myself a glass I discovered that I didn't blend the strawberries well enough as it was kind of chunky, although this didn't bother me too much.  Next time I may either use half the amount of strawberries or just eliminate putting the cup of water in with the strawberries.  I also wish I had some more lemon juice, but my Mom only brought two lemons back for me.  Next time I'll try to get at least one cup of lemon juice to give it more of a tart taste.  Also I want to try using sparkling water and mint leaves to give it that restaurant type feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Ramblings