Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Glamourous: Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Price:  $2.99 (excluding tax)
Place to Purchase:  Walmart, Target, Burt's Bees Official Website

I fell in love with Burt's Bees lip balms (chapstick) two summers ago when my boyfriend pulled some out on one of our dates.  I had been using regular ol' Chapstick Moisturizer lip balm before to keep my lips from being dry and cracked, plus it was reasonably priced.  It did a wonderful job, but I just had to try the Rolls Royce of lip balms to see.  So one day while in Target I decided to splurge on the original tube of lip balm they were selling at the time and I haven't looked back since.  I believe it was Burt's Bees Beeswax or whatever they had before they came out with the mango, pomegranate, acai berry, and such.  My lips felt wonderful.  Since then I've tried the pomegranate (GREAT...just leaves a red stain on things like a lipstick does.) and the acai berry (BY FAR MY FAVORITE!!!  My lips always feel wonderful and everyone always talks about how great it smells whenever I open the tube.)  I think I've tried the mango also, but can't fully recall.


Unfortunately I lost my acai berry lip balm (found it today in the washing machine...RUINED!), but knew I need some when I arrived in Athens.  I was about to buy my usual acai berry until I saw the Honey Lip Balm right next to it.  I figured why not try it seeing how none of the others have failed me.  Stick to what you know ladies, especially when its $3 lip balm.

The first time I tried it my lip just felt...sticky.  I thought maybe it was due to my lack of moisturizing my lips over the past two days and just blew it off.  Nope, everytime I put it on it just feels like something sitting on top of my lips and my lips dry out in absolutely no time.  My boyfriend even tried it today and within 15-30 minutes he was telling me how his lips felt dry.  It also doesn't have that wonderful smell that I'm use to from this line which really throws me off.  I can't put my finger on exactly WHAT it is, but my best bet would be some type of deodorant which is a big no no for me.  Despite all the negative it is great for those moments when you realize you have a bit of ash between your fingers.  I'll give the product 2 out of 5 stars and that's only because of the last comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Ramblings