Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer, Summer, Summer Time

Well I am officially done with my second to last semester at Georgia's flagship school and couldn't be more excited!  In one more semester (fingers crossed) I hope to be graduating and on my way to bigger things in life.   Many of my friends and old high school classmates are graduating which is bittersweet because I want to take place in the happiness, but what matters is that I get my degree. I've decided that this summer I'm going to sit my behind down and figure out what I want to do with my life.  I'm so use to working that if I graduate in December with no job I'll probably go into the insane asylum due to boredom!  I think I'm going to sign up to take the GACE in maybe August so I can get certified to teach or take the GRE so I can go to grad school at home (tryna save money up).  All I know is that I need to make an extensive list of potential things to do with my life.

Enough of this serious stuff though.  IT'S SUMMER TIME!!!!!  I'm so excited to wear as little clothing as possible for the next few months.  Shorts, short dresses, tank tops, etc.  I actually bought my first maxi dress Monday at Forever 21 and I must say it is KAY-UTE!  I always said I'd never be caught in one of those things, but after trying two of them on (and my boyfriend saying his parents find my dress short) I decided to give them a try.  I have seriously been missing out these past 3-4 years ya'll.  I'll probably go buy another one when I get paid.

As my Mom and I sat watching Modern Family tonight I got a strong desire to go to an amusement park because it has been such a long time since I last went to one.  When I was growing up I swear all we did was go to Disney in Orlando, Six Flags for Spring Break/Summer, and the beach.  That was when I was before I hit puberty fun and willing to run around in the sun with my parents for long hours.  As I got  older all I wanted to do was go to the local shopping area to avoid toasting in the sun.  I'd also like to go to a few baseball games for the Atlanta Braves or Augusta Greenjackets.  I pretty much want to relive a ton of childhood memories that I took for granted as I got older.

Hair is going to be a big thing for me this summer I hope also.  I seriously need to learn how to take better care of this stuff before I end up walking around able to curl my hair with rice.  I'm seriously disappointed in the length of hair I have after being natural for 2.5 years.  People who chop their off have probably had better length retention than I have.  In addition to hair I just need to take my whole body into consideration and whip my butt into serious shape.  That means exercise and better diet because I'm trying to look like Hey Fran Hey before I graduate.

Maybe I should make a summer bucket list and post them up on here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Ramblings